Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering column issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 01:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering column issue

Guys I have a 03 Silverado with the steering column out, I had to cut the key switch out due to a broken off key. The new switch went back in fine, I cleaned the hole
the switch went in to make sure there was no trash in the hole. The switch won't move forward to the crank position, it's barely going into the accessory position. I get lights on the dash and it won't come out of park either, any ideas??? Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Old 01-31-2017, 08:39 AM
Teching In

I have a 2001 Silverado. The ignition switch has teeth. Are you sure you lined them up properly?
Old 01-31-2017, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Yes as far as I can tell the black piece with the teeth only goes in one way and the piece with the white teeth that the black piece rotates won't move, it's an electrical component so I'm thinking it may be bad??
Old 02-16-2017, 02:03 AM
Teching In

Default Steering Column Issue

Anyone ever replace the ignition switch on one of these because it doesn't work to make the key cylinder turn? I took the column apart to see if there was any trash in the column, and its clean, the black plastic piece with the teeth that the key cylinder turns to rotate the ignition switch only goes in one way looks like but the ignition switch wont turn when you try to rotate the key cylinder. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Quick Reply: Steering column issue