New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High idle question

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High idle question

I've got a 02 ws6 with a 408 and a t56. Car idles fine on startup, around 900 rpm. Once I drive it a few minutes the idle goes up to 2,000 while the car is rolling (in neutral) then drops back to 900 as soon as the wheels stop turning. It's throwing a wheel speed sensor code C0245 and also a couple 02 sensor codes P1153, P0133 and P1133. I'm assuming the wheel speed sensor code is from the back tires being taller than the front? Also assuming I have a bad 02 sensor or possibly two. Question is which one is likely to be causing the weird high idle or are any of the codes shown at fault? Seems like a bad 02 sensor would cause idle problems no matter if the car was stopped or rolling. Anyone else experienced this or heard of anything similar? Car does have headers.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought that was how all of them worked, to help with engine speed during deceleration since it's throttle by wire. I could be 100% wrong, but once I apply the brakes my engine speed drops dramatically, but it hangs in the 2000-3000RPM range gently dropping as I coast.

A4 here, though.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C Beard
I've got a 02 ws6 with a 408 and a t56. Car idles fine on startup, around 900 rpm. Once I drive it a few minutes the idle goes up to 2,000 while the car is rolling (in neutral) then drops back to 900 as soon as the wheels stop turning. It's throwing a wheel speed sensor code C0245 and also a couple 02 sensor codes P1153, P0133 and P1133. I'm assuming the wheel speed sensor code is from the back tires being taller than the front? Also assuming I have a bad 02 sensor or possibly two. Question is which one is likely to be causing the weird high idle or are any of the codes shown at fault? Seems like a bad 02 sensor would cause idle problems no matter if the car was stopped or rolling. Anyone else experienced this or heard of anything similar? Car does have headers.
I'm having the same issue. Have you figured out the problem? My car won't drop to idle a few seconds after I stop.. It just holds 2k rpm and right before I take off again it drops to 1k idle.

Quick Reply: High idle question