Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I read the FAQS Exhaust???

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I read the FAQS Exhaust???

I spent a good 3 to 4 hours the other day reading all of the newbie stuff and several threads on exhaust, however I cant decide on which exhaust to get after all of the reading I did because everyone has such differnt opinions about everything....so a little help please?? I want a good sounding exhaust at idle but not quiet and of course an awesome sound when driving. I'm looking only to do a catback at this time and have around $400 give or take to start any help is much appreciated.

Scott
Old 01-18-2005, 09:47 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

magnaflow/hooker
Old 01-18-2005, 10:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

I like the way the GMMG sounds, its more then $400, but its well worth it. They also have group purchases on this site which drops the price. Best thing to do is to go to LS1sounds.com and listen to all the different setups.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Clif19
I like the way the GMMG sounds, its more then $400, but its well worth it. They also have group purchases on this site which drops the price. Best thing to do is to go to LS1sounds.com and listen to all the different setups.
Cliff I think I listened to all of the sound clips on LS1sounds.com as well. I am just looking for personal experiences and opinions to better help my opinions. I thought the GMMG was like $750....I really like the sound of them. Where can I get one for $400???

Jrp I had before I posted narrowed it down to Magnaflow but had heard they were quiet at idle....any input on this?????? Also found a catback Magnaflow on ebay with a K&N filter and high flow cat for $420 ......good price or not??

Thanks guys!!!
Scott
Old 01-18-2005, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with JRP, go with the Hooker or Magnaflow. They have the least rasp and sound really good. Yes, they're a little quiet at idle, but wake up when you get on it. Plus, when you get longtube headers ("when", not "if" ) it will make it quite a bit louder. Almost everyone is pleased with Hooker and Magnaflow, search for those and read about them in particular.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by matts22
I agree with JRP, go with the Hooker or Magnaflow. They have the least rasp and sound really good. Yes, they're a little quiet at idle, but wake up when you get on it. Plus, when you get longtube headers ("when", not "if" ) it will make it quite a bit louder. Almost everyone is pleased with Hooker and Magnaflow, search for those and read about them in particular.

Couldnt find much on Hooker and found alot on MAgnaflow and because of that Im leaning toward Magnaflow at this point. Also like the sound of the Loudmouths but am concerned about droning on long hauls howare they with stock manifolds and cats?? Is there still the droning?

Scott
Old 01-18-2005, 10:48 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was very pleased with my hooker setup, and you definately can't beat the price
Old 01-18-2005, 10:49 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you like the sound of loudmouth, just get a cutout, don't waste your money on a loudmouth
Old 01-18-2005, 10:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by isiahstites
Cliff I think I listened to all of the sound clips on LS1sounds.com as well. I am just looking for personal experiences and opinions to better help my opinions. I thought the GMMG was like $750....I really like the sound of them. Where can I get one for $400???
The only way your going to get a GMMG for 400 is if it was used. No matter what exhaust you go with, they will all sound damn good. Its probably better if you could find someone who has the setup on the car and listen to it in person since thats always the best way. I was going to go with Corsa, but i decided it was a little too quiet for me, love the tips on it though. Good luck on choosing your exhaust.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
If you like the sound of loudmouth, just get a cutout, don't waste your money on a loudmouth

Can you provide alink to the hooker exhasut you are speaking of... Ididnt find much on them. What do cutouts run...always wanted one on my 68 SB CHevy truck

SCott
Old 01-18-2005, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Clif19
The only way your going to get a GMMG for 400 is if it was used. No matter what exhaust you go with, they will all sound damn good. Its probably better if you could find someone who has the setup on the car and listen to it in person since thats always the best way. I was going to go with Corsa, but i decided it was a little too quiet for me, love the tips on it though. Good luck on choosing your exhaust.

That will be my next thread...if you live in cali can I hear your exhaust???

Thanks
Scott
Old 01-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Launching!

http://www.ls1sounds.com/ might help
Old 01-18-2005, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Christos
Ive already spent many hours there!! What a great tool!! It is hard to tell a differnce from some because everyone is using different cameras and recording devices....so it is hard to get an accurate difference between exhausts.

Thansk

Scott
Old 01-18-2005, 11:30 PM
Launching!

Another vote for GMMG....save up 300 more dollars or try and find a used one.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LittleBef15
Another vote for GMMG....save up 300 more dollars or try and find a used one.

So used ones go for around $400???
Old 01-19-2005, 12:11 AM
TECH Resident

I got my Loudmouth for 299$ brand new. Click on my sig to hear what it sounds like. I love it.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Hot02SS
I got my Loudmouth for 299$ brand new. Click on my sig to hear what it sounds like. I love it.

Ya I looked and listened to your car the other day...sounds great! Where did you get it for $299? Also is that your only mod a catback exhaust? Do you get droning at anytime?

Scott
Old 01-19-2005, 12:26 AM
TECH Resident

Ya I looked and listened to your car the other day...sounds great! Where did you get it for $299? Also is that your only mod a catback exhaust? Do you get droning at anytime?

Scott
I got it off SLP's website. At the time they were running a special on it. Yes the catback is my only exhaust mods so far. And no I have no problems with droning, I love the way it sounds at WOT.
EDIT- SLP has the Loudmouth on sale for 314.95$ now, the normal price is 340.95$. http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=31039A

Last edited by Hot02SS; 01-19-2005 at 12:32 AM.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Hot02SS
I got it off SLP's website. At the time they were running a special on it. Yes the catback is my only exhaust mods so far. And no I have no problems with droning, I love the way it sounds at WOT.
Any other motor/performance mods to the car other than the K&N?? Just curious that way I have an accurate comparison as to what it might sound like on my car.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 01-19-2005, 12:33 AM
TECH Resident

Any other motor/performance mods to the car other than the K&N?? Just curious that way I have an accurate comparison as to what it might sound like on my car.

Thanks,
Scott
Nope, just K&N and exhaust. Next month im getting some long tube headers, an air lid, and a couple other things.