Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Asr???

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 07:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Asr???

i know what ASR stands for and i pretty much know how it works.....just wandering if anybody in here uses it ALL THE TIME....the only time i turn mine off is to do dumb ****(which i need not be doing with that shity 10 bolt i still have)like donuts and burn outs and 360degrees turns in intersections instead of finding a place to turn around.....oh and what about using it when racing....i would think so but i just wanted u guys opinions
Old 03-06-2005, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

Unless it's raining mine is always off. Now it's just habit for me to get in the car and turn it off.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

I don't use mine either because I feel as though I am going to break the gas pedal linkage.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i use it during wet or rainy weather or if its icy.

ASR is useless in snow.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Good morning to all, My question is does this harms the tranny or any other part in any way by having it off and only using it on wet or icy weather.

Thanks in advanced.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by warmongoose
Good morning to all, My question is does this harms the tranny or any other part in any way by having it off and only using it on wet or icy weather.

Thanks in advanced.
You wont harm anything by having it off or on, many cars dont even come with it, it is an option on our cars after all
Old 03-06-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

hell i just always leave mine on (I hate the little light on the dash when its off). My friends have learned to brace them selves when I shut it off, cause they know that something cool is about to happen. OR that Im about to break the law. Usaully both.

To answer ur question: Id just leave it on. It wont hurt either way. BUT DONT use it when actually racing, cause if you do spin the tires, which you will, asr kicks ur foot out da pedal, AND retards timing, Basically it boggs the car.

For everyday driving, it dont really matter. Slippery conditions have proven ASR to be a somewhat helpful tool, or so I think. So its up to you
Old 03-06-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by natronathon
hell i just always leave mine on (I hate the little light on the dash when its off). My friends have learned to brace them selves when I shut it off, cause they know that something cool is about to happen. OR that Im about to break the law. Usaully both.

To answer ur question: Id just leave it on. It wont hurt either way. BUT DONT use it when actually racing, cause if you do spin the tires, which you will, asr kicks ur foot out da pedal, AND retards timing, Basically it boggs the car.

For everyday driving, it dont really matter. Slippery conditions have proven ASR to be a somewhat helpful tool, or so I think. So its up to you
yea tru it kicks ur foot hard too....lol i also hate the light on in the dash....and i get the same responses from my friends when i turn it off....but thanks for the tip about using it ina race
Old 03-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Launching!

Unless I plan on racing, I leave it on, never notice it with normal driving anyway. I'd probably just leave it off all the time, if it weren't for the annoying light in the gauges.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I turn mine off when I think I'm going to get on it, other than that it is on, just because I hate the light.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:51 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my car never came with it
Old 03-06-2005, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you hate the light so much but want it turned off, just take out the light. Its not too hard to do, except that you have to drop the stering column (only 4 bolts). This way you can leave it off and not have the annoying light. IMO the light is not that annoying. It reminds me what will happen if I take the corner too fast. And I also will NOT drive with it off in the rain. TOO dangerous! Speaking from experience here.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too won't drive with it off in the rain. But then again I run nittos most of the year. They aren't too bad at all in the rain, until they get worn. Then it's scary. Even when they have a lot of tread they don't catch themselves as quickly as my old tires did once they have let go. I too hate the light. Especially since I have problems and an intermittent engine light, I now have an even worse association to the yellow in the instrument cluster.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

i hate how everyone bashes asr. While its not my favorite function of all, it does a pretty good job of helping the car maintain traction. I actually like it. I dont think it really creates a problem with performance driving, because driving is an action that requires constant planning, so I know if i am gonna fish tail or wanna spin the tires. In high speed highway situations, sharp manuevers make me thankful that I have it, cause it has helped me keep the back end from coming out more than once when I had to quick jerk the car to another lane. It does have its draw back, but overall Im glad I have it

Just my .02