Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help wierd noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help wierd noise

ok i just noticed it 2 days ago. It a weird noise coming from the back of the car somewhere. . . . its a little annoying tinging sound. . . I thought it was the rear end but while drive it goes away at WOT. So while I was stopped a red light last night i was just trying it figure it out and at idle it goes away but it i just rev it up to anything above idle i can hear it. So when i got home i was messing with it and if i shake the exhaust or shake the car or push up and down on the rear quarter panel i can hear it. Anyone have an idea what i need to look for when i can get it on a lift? Thainks any help would be awsome.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your exhast is hitting something...
trace your exhast from cat back and look for any scrapes on the top ... also look for tell tale spots on the floor board under your car... next thing to check is the hangers... you might have broken one of the rubber loops that hold it... they are very easy to replace...

let us know what you find
Old 03-19-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

are you sure it's not just a wrench in the spear tire hole. i had one in there and it did that all the time till i took it out.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zamboxl
are you sure it's not just a wrench in the spear tire hole. i had one in there and it did that all the time till i took it out.

ummmm... did you put it there?
Old 03-19-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
ummmm... did you put it there?
lol no the guy before me did, and i kept getting a noise so i looked all over the rear, under, in, around and i coulnd find it till i had to jack up the car and i saw the wrench in there man did i kick my self in the rear for that.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by zamboxl
well it just started the other day and I haven't had the subthump box out but who knows I'll let you'll know this weekend when i can get it on the lift. I have to put in the 160* therm i got with my predator programmer