Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will They... more

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will They... more

Ever bring back the t/a. And if they do hopefully wont be as gay as the new "family sedan" charger. I think mustangs are the most overproduced cars ever. And here there is probably 20 mustangs to every 5 camaros... and probably 10 camaros to every firebird (including v-8's and v-6's). I think that people who drive camaros are full of themselves. When my stock t/a can burn almost any stock camaro. According to car and driver in 1999 . The trans am came in 3rd because of its sloppy handling compared to the camaro. But it states factly "if you want the faster of the 3 beasts go with the trans am". The cobra came in 2nd with the best handling. But was the slower of the 3.
Matt
Old 04-05-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Junkie

I would love for them to bring it back also, but not all camaro people are full of themselves. Thats a bold statement, and frankly quite stupid. Remember that there are a lot of camaro owners on this board.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I doubt it will be brought back, from what i've read the Zeta platform they were going to use has been moved out of the picture just due to the fact that GM is pushing to produce more trucks and SUV's, GM's sales are lacking and the Camaro/Firebirds were not their #1 sellers. And as far as camaro drivers being full of themselves you are new and should watch what you say, this is an LS1 board so there are camaro guys here alot of them so just watch what you say. 4 of my friends have camaro's and they are all very cool guys, infact i dont think i've met a camaro guy that is full of himself. Just remember that they are pretty much the same car, and i believe the fastest stock ls1 car was a stripper z28.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Much as I'd like them to bring it back, I think the Trans Am is probably long gone. Firebird name might come back, but I doubt that as well. I'm not convinced, however, that the Camaro is fully gone because of the Zeta platform cancel.

Okay, I'm done raining on the parade.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Teching In

sorry i didnt mean ALL camaro owners. I meant the ones from my town. They all think there badass theres some guy that has an 1977 camaro with a s/c and i beat him. but hes damn fast ill tell u waht
Old 04-13-2005, 11:44 PM

If they don't bring it back... that is just that much more rare they get!
Old 04-14-2005, 07:03 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ls1z15
sorry i didnt mean ALL camaro owners. I meant the ones from my town. They all think there badass theres some guy that has an 1977 camaro with a s/c and i beat him. but hes damn fast ill tell u waht
Since your not old enough to have a drivers licence and you don't have a car, what did ya beat him on-yer bicycle?
Old 04-14-2005, 08:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Firebird and Trans Am are NOT coming back.Go to the auto/media thread.Under Buick vs Pontiac you can see GM is barely treading water in a vast ocean of car makers.I only hope Pontiac survives, let alone possibly bring back discontinued models.The situation at GM sucks period.
WE ALL NEED TO BUY AMERICAN.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs down

Still making the "....More.......threads"?? After everyone told you how annoying it is.

Have you learned ANYTHING about Firebirds/Camaros that isn't in Car and Driver? No more of this "a Trans Am will beat a Z28 but will lose to an SS that will lose to a WS6".

SEEEEEAAAARRRRRCCHHH
Old 04-14-2005, 03:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here's a friendly tip...put down the Car and Driver. An LS1 F-body is just as capable as the next LS1 F-body with the same tranny. A TA is not any faster then a Z28 by default. Due to build tolerences some LS1's are stronger then other LS1's stock for stock but there's no clear cut difference in acceleration times between the individual models.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

That' not right... The dealer told me that convertable TA's are the fastest, and all TA's are faster than cameros. And I know dealers don't lie!!!

I personally hope the TA never comes back, It makes mine worth more Especially because it is one of the ultra fast convertables.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Weezzer
Since your not old enough to have a drivers licence and you don't have a car, what did ya beat him on-yer bicycle?
Old 04-16-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ever bring back the t/a. And if they do hopefully wont be as gay as the new "family sedan" charger. I think mustangs are the most overproduced cars ever. And here there is probably 20 mustangs to every 5 camaros... and probably 10 camaros to every firebird (including v-8's and v-6's). I think that people who drive camaros are full of themselves. When my stock t/a can burn almost any stock camaro. According to car and driver in 1999 . The trans am came in 3rd because of its sloppy handling compared to the camaro. But it states factly "if you want the faster of the 3 beasts go with the trans am". The cobra came in 2nd with the best handling. But was the slower of the 3.
Matt

One of the most incompetent posts I've seen on this board.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:24 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TA guy
That' not right... The dealer told me that convertable TA's are the fastest, and all TA's are faster than cameros. And I know dealers don't lie!!!

I personally hope the TA never comes back, It makes mine worth more Especially because it is one of the ultra fast convertables.
Horse feces. The convertable is going to be slower due to being heavier. Believe it or not the reinforcement needed to keep a car like that from folding in half is extreme. The verts actually do weigh more. Plus with the top down it wouldn't be quite as aerodynamic.

As far as TA's being faster than Camaro's that's crap. They are the SAME car. The engines, frame, interior and other things are all the same. In fact if anything Camaro's have some advantage in the fact that they usually aren't loaded down with as many options. Not that the difference would be earth shattering there anyway.

The T/A's were all basically the same after 1998. The Z/28's had many more choices for options. They can vary quite a bit from one car to the next. Trans-AM's basically came with almost everything standard.

The largest difference between the two is cosmetic styling. Simply put. Get your facts from someone other than some lying salesman trying to make a buck. Sales people are dishonest more often than not if paid on commission. Never trust them. Then get your facts straight and listen to the people that own and have owned these cars for a long time. Some of us have had several models of both Camaro's/Firebirds and Trans-AM's.

If you think your car is going to be worth something, you need to put it in a garage and not drive it and then wait 25 or 30 years. Then it will be worth something. Short of that, don't bet on it. Vehicle value does nothing but plummet over time.

A WS6 Trans-AM stickered for around 31,000 give or take depending on your area and today a mint 2002 Trans-AM can be had for $22,000 or LESS.

Originally Posted by 9silverbird8
One of the most incompetent posts I've seen on this board.
I'd agree. They are the same damn car.

Last edited by Firehawk0220; 04-17-2005 at 12:29 AM.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:15 AM
11 Second Club

Matt
What's with the camaro hate? Pretty much the only difference between firebirds and camaros is aesthetic
Old 04-17-2005, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

Dude, I think you missed the sarcasm... here I'll help you

1) you'r right, verts are heavy
2) you'r right aerodynamics are not as good

Now this is the one that really highlights the sarcasm

3) NO ONE BELIEVES THE DEALER

One more thing, Camaros and TA's have been the same since 1982 with the introduction of the third gen. All of em got the same corporate drivelines to go with the corporate body, only asthetic and option differences.

I appologize if my comment somehow offended you. For the record I would like you to know that I dream of a world where all F-Body brothers live in peace
Old 04-17-2005, 01:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

will they...more...NO!...now shut the F@#$ up!
Old 04-17-2005, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 04-28-2005, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

damn you guys are harsh
Old 04-28-2005, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99blackbirdls1
damn you guys are harsh