Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 V6 to 350 carb Swap ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 95 V6 to 350 carb Swap ?

Hello all! I will be doing a swap on a 95 V6 camaro and swapin in a 350cid w/350 trans... I work at a chevy dealership so the parts are not a big deal yet... i know i need to change the motor mount bracket on the drivers side and the mounts themselves.. and ive got a just of it...
**question I have right now is whats the correct way to pull the motor, im use to the motor being at the edge of the windshield, not 1/4 of the way in it... anyone else done a swap like this?

Previous swaps I've done was with my 87chevy truck (www.87chevy.com/main.html ) I swaped the 350 tbi with a carb'ed 496. I also just got done swaping a 03 2v GT motor in my 93 Fox body along with matching hydroboost brakes/cluster/trans and modifed the harness accordingly... (www.87chevy.com/93gt.htm )

Any/all help is and will be appreciated!
clint
Old 04-22-2005, 12:37 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

custom mounts are made for these cars i believe. you can also order a TUBULAR k-member that has smallblock/bigblock mounts on it. you can even get them with ford pinto rack and pinion mounts so you can remove your power steering.

check out BMR ~~~~~~~> they are a board sponser. TONS of those sponsers on the right carry their gear, its good stuff

the engine can be pulled thru the bottom by unbolting the tranny crossmember and k-member, and lines/wires, then using an engine lift to lift the car off the motor. you can also do it the traditional way out the top.

i just realized that it was a 95 camaro, i'm not sure if they run the same k-member and stuff as the 98+ cars do. any input?
Old 04-22-2005, 08:47 AM
12 Second Club

why not an LS1, LS2, LS6, or soon to come LS7? Or are you a big, old Carb motor kinda guy? cuz if it were me i'd definitely go for one of the LSx motors.

It shoudnt be to hard however, check the Conversions and Hybrids section formore help as well as the SBC&BBC section
Old 04-22-2005, 09:08 AM
Launching!

well im big on the ls1, a bud of mine has a 99 black t/a and i love the ls1's but im doing a swap for a friend of a friend, or thinking about it... only a few problems i can see right off the bat, one is the electrical part of the abs.... if i take out the computer woulnt that mess up the abs...?
the plan was to slap in this motor/trans out of a 79 camaro.... wouldnt have been my choice... but its what he wants.. i told him about 1700 for the swap to get her running, but now that im thinking about it i dont know if i should do the swap... hurm...

clint
Old 04-22-2005, 09:17 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

FYI:
I dont know about your state, but laws in many states prohibit putting older engines in newer cars....in short, the car probably wont pass inspection.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

With the way the cowl sits over the engine you
have to take a good look at what your ignition system
will be; might be some trouble with a tall HEI dist
back under there. The BMR swap-K seems like the
way to go. My choice though would be a 6.0 truck
block and one of those 4BBL intakes that comes with
a crank-triggered ignition system - because LSx
type truck heads kick *** on almost any of the
affordable SBC designs (let alone stockers of any
sort). Get a truck motor out of an engine fire wreck
cheap, semi-big cam, that intake/spark kit with an
850 Holley, and go.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:35 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

billingsly racing sells ABS delete blocks, lots of guys on here have 3 channel ABS, upgrade a 9" rear end (doesnt support 3 channel ABS) and they delete their ABS all together.

Quick Reply: 95 V6 to 350 carb Swap ?