Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will it hurt..

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will it hurt..

I currently have 0 suspension mods. I'm running Nitto 555r's. I usually cut 1.7x 60's and have went 1.6x a few times. I'm wondering how bad this is on my car? I'm not as worried about the rear end as I am with the chasis and other parts. It's a t-top car. Should I stop drag racing it until I at least put SFC's on? Is it ok to keep beating on her like it is? I'm supposed to go drag racing tonight and I'm a little worried about it...

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

You should be fine. Obviously, a set of SFCs wouldn't hurt, but I know several people who have dragged their cars on a regular basis with very few suspension/chasis mods and haven't had any problems.

Josh
Old 04-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Well that's nice to hear. I figure once the cam/intake go on and it's dyno tuned, then I might better do something to the suspension. BTW, I love your numbers...how's the driveability of that T-rex?
Old 04-28-2005, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, man. Driveabiltiy isn't too bad, but it can be a frustrating in slow moving traffic. Upgrading from the stock 3.42s to 3.90s helped a lot.

Josh
Old 04-28-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by john3daly
Well that's nice to hear. I figure once the cam/intake go on and it's dyno tuned, then I might better do something to the suspension. BTW, I love your numbers...how's the driveability of that T-rex?
to be honest with you i highly suggest getting some sfc's and lca's before the cam/intake...i would hate to see your rear quarter panels start looking bad because of drag racing (dimples)...not to mention i'm suprised you are cutting those kind of 60' times without suspension mods...more power to you though...good luck

EDIT: i see you are an A4 with a vig3600 stall...so retract my previous comment on 60' times...you are still doing good though...a4's are a lot less stressful to your car than the m6