Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my car a factory turd?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroextra
i can spin the tires at almost 30 (its an auto). if i nail it just right and it drops into first.

Mine does the same thing....I have good tires too.

You don't go anywhere if you're spinning.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah my car went 13.2 at 108 at its best when stock and 90 percent of the time it wouldn't break the tires loose from that low of a roll. If it was cold out and there wasn't alot of heat in the tires it would do it though. It typically takes RPMs for these to blow the tires away. If you really wanna blow the tires from a low speed roll, go get 4.10s installed. Sweet Jesus, you NEVER hook from a first gear roll. Anyways, I'm sure your car runs fine.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:41 PM
Launching!

you should be glad you dont break the tires loose...that means you are moving , i can be doin 20 and stab it and the tires just light up. And the tires are eagle F1's .. i hate it
Old 11-02-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

when i was 16 i wanted to roast my tires off all day, now i want them to stick to the track and not spin! You have a LS1 man, its a bad *** car.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Younggun... Initially I thought I had the same issue. I had a hell of a time breaking the tires loose. I could dump the clutch at 2500rpms, and roll into the gas and hear nothing but chirp... and the car would tear out like a bat out of hell. I didn't really wanna try it any higher of an RPM... I'll save my clutch.... even stabbing it in a slow roll I would have nothing but traction. It worried me.

Then I raced my buddy's 300AWHP STi and beat him from a roll and a dig, and I no longer questioned the car. Remember..... traction is a blessing not a curse.

You must have excellent tires, and your suspension is doing it's job of ensuring the power makes it to the ground.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by camaroextra
mines a freak in a good way. i can spin the tires at almost 30 (its an auto). if i nail it just right and it drops into first. but my tires also suck so that could be a factor
At anything under about a 34 MPH roll my stock 01 SS will drop to first with a stomp and totally break the tires loose and even walk sideways a bit. And my tires are in really good condition too.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:27 PM
TECH Resident

I notice the guys with autos keep commenting on how if they stomp it and it down shifts to first the tires break loose...well that would be expected, being If I was driving at 20 mph in 2nd (with my M6), dropped it to first and reved it up to 4000 rpm then dumped the clutch my car would go insane too. comparing autos to manuals in the situation I am having is a whole different story IMO, which some others have commented on as well. (torque converter slippage, etc..)
Old 11-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Launching!

Mine break loose as the RPM's come up, I can keep them spinning through 2nd, then chirp them into third. This is when it's cool out. I can always spin them in first no matter what the temp. or surface, but only in the upper revs.