Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

go boost or stay na?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default go boost or stay na?

so many decisions. its for a street motor. do i build up the 347 and boost or go the 402 route? do i just wait for the 6.2 to come out to see what we can do with that? oh the agany!!! but seriously. any one KnoW what a 402 low compression (built for boost) can do na? i cant afford a motor and a kit so it would ave to be a staged build. also can i run 42 or 60 pound injectors na.(so i dont buy twice.)
i guess the most important ? is if a go the boost route does it matter if its a 347 vs a 402? i mean just up the the boost right?
all ideas welcome.
thanks
Old 03-14-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, if your going boost then you will need a low compression engine but if you run with low compression all the time without a blower or turbo than you'll be losing a lot of power. I would either build a boosted 347 or high compression 402. If you can build a low compression 402 and then soon after put some boost to it than that would be ok too but to run a low compression 402 for a long period of time would drive me nuts. I personally like NA engines best but boosted motor have their advantages too. It's all in what you want and what your looking for in your setup. Either way you go, you'll need a nice tune. You can run whatever size injectors you want, you'll just have to have them setup properly so they are injecting the proper amount of fuel equivalent to whatever size they are. Unless your going pretty radical, I'd guess that the 42lb. injectors would be sufficient.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Boost! Iron 408

Quick Reply: go boost or stay na?