New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car dies, and wont start sometimes...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 06:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Car dies, and wont start sometimes...

So, I'll be driving around town, and my car just dies, no sputter, just dies (very rarely) the problem is fuel, I'll check the schraider valve, and nothing comes out. If I remove the fuel pump relay and put it back in, it will start and run..Perfect

This happends on and off, and I dont want it happening again when I start running n2o, even with a fuel saftey switch. Could it be a ground??? I find it odd that if I mess with it, or simply let it sit, the problem goes away for a while. Sometimes, when I get in the car (and it has sat all night, and is cold) it does it.

What the hell?
Old 08-12-2006, 08:33 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

tried replacing that fuel pump relay? Maybe it is going bad.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:52 AM
Launching!

Actually, I have, 4 times. I figured it must be a ground? guhh, maybe the pump...
Old 08-14-2006, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Years ago I had the same thing happen, I would be driving and it would just kill. I would let it sit for about 5 min and it would start up I would get up some speed and it would die again. Beleave it or not my problem was a bad cell in my battery making my alternator work twice as hard. A GM mechanic lead me in htat direction, he stated all it takes is a fraction of a mili second for a dirty signal from your alt to your computer and it will shut it down. New battery fixed my problem.