Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

changed my plugs today

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changed my plugs today

This site is awesome. When I first got my car ( a month ago) I took one look at the engine compartment, and figured there was no way I could ever change the plugs. I read the posts in ls1tech, got some specific instructions at installuniversity.com, and gave it a shot. It took me 3 hours, and I never encoutered any major problems. I learned a few things while doing the work that will make it quicker next time.

Even more important than the specific instructions was all the encouragement everyone gave in their posts to try it myself.

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:02 PM
TECH Regular

Glad to hear the site was of help, and you did it your self. It always feels better when you finish doing something your self instead of just picking up the finished product from a shop.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

It will be even easier to change your plugs if you get some headers. but good job man, i bet you could do it in less then 2 hours the 2nd time.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blk97WS6
It will be even easier to change your plugs if you get some headers. but good job man, i bet you could do it in less then 2 hours the 2nd time.

You are probably right. I left the rear bolt off the passenger coil rack, figured out I had to connect the rear wire to the coil before putting the passenger rack back into place, etc., and I took my time to plan out each step.

Two hours wouldn't be out of the question, but that means less time in the garage playing with my new toy. I might just keep it at three hours.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good deal man. I remember when I got my first LS1 car back in the beginning of 03. I was reading on LS1.com and wondering what a cutout and tune was I have came a LONG way. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Now I do all my own work and installs, and consider myself to have a pretty broad knowledge of these cars.

This site has a wealth of information to absorb. I have spent hours upon hours over the years reading. Knowledge is power
Old 09-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Launching!

I've been around LT1 cars for a while because my brother and me both owned one each, me a 95 T/A, him a 94 Z. I had a little knowledge before getting into these cars but after reading over at CZ28 and doing my own work I really had a better understanding of them. Hell I was able to do a plug change in less than 2 hours. Yes, I said <2 hours for an LT1! Messageboards are an extremely valuable source of info. I'll be getting into my first LS1 car very soon and have looking foward to it, and expect to learn even more than what I already know about them.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SantaCruz163
Hell I was able to do a plug change in less than 2 hours. Yes, I said <2 hours for an LT1
thats something to be proud of. i remember changing the plugs in my LT1 t/a. god that was a 4 hour nightmare that i never want to re-live. unless one of my buddies with an LT1 will pay me lots of $$$$$ to do it.