Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam change??

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam change??

I have a stock 5.3 that has had an LS1 intake installed on it(purely for cosmetic reasons)that I will be installing in my 72 Blazer. I was just wondering if a cam swap would liven it up a little. I was just curious if I could do a cam swap without getting too involved in changing other stuff.

I guess my question is would it be worth it? or do you have any suggestions to pep it up a little without spending a ton of cash? Im not looking to make a ton of HP, but better than stock would be nice.
The engine is out of the truck so now would be the easiest time to make any changes.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

id say yea, i mean you could put a smallish cam in it...bigger then stock, but not that big. since its out of your car, it would be really easy. however, your going to need to get some better flow...intake and exhaust wise, if you plan on getting anything out of that cam

even if its a small cam, youll be wasting effort with stock manifolds...intake/exhaust...

but over all parts and all you should be able to get it done for less then 800 bucks....springs, cam, install kit, tuning...
Old 01-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would get full boltons, complete intake and exhaust, before you do cam. Then when you do cam, it will benefit you the most of all.

For which cam, you would have to go to vehicle truck specific forum
http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/

and do some research as to what are your goals, and what are you looking to get out of a cam. Run some searches and ask some questions over there and you should have a better idea of what to get soon.