New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convert throttle-by-wire (ETC) to cable - which ones?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 09:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Convert throttle-by-wire (ETC) to cable - which ones?

Hi all - I picked up a 5.3 from a '04 Tahoe yesterday - my original plan was to use the ETC, but for a variety of reasons, I've decided that the cable-pull TB would be better.

I see a TON of stock LS1 TB's up for sale here, but they wouldn't work with my truck intake, or would they? (I don't really want to change the intake)

Just for reference - I'm not trying for huge HP, what comes stock is perfectly OK with me..

Harness is getting stripped down and the PCM flashed to remove a bunch of things (VSS, VATS, o2's, etc..), so if some re-programming is needed for the TB to work, that's OK... but I'd rather not have to change the connectors!

Emissions is a non-issue.. this is a purely off-road rig, and it's a '73 chassis anyway

I did go through a few pages of search results, and I don't think I found the answer to this...

Thanks all
Old 02-11-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone? Bueller?
Old 02-12-2007, 04:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ud have to jurry rig it... bad idea... throw a LS1 or a LT1 in there

If you use that throttle body you will probly need to get a new ECU because it uses a TPS not watever those lame things use, unless you are real bright and could somehow figure it out. I personaly would suggest a modified LS1 computer or my favorite: megasquirt

megasquirt kicks some *** if your brave. google it.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OK, this is about the weirdest thing I've heard... Plenty of people have converted their to cable pull using standard truck TB's, I'm wondering if the LS-1's are similar.

The PCM is being re-programmed, so I would ASSume the ETC could be programmed out.