Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first ticket

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 02:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first ticket

got my first ticket the other day. man it sucks for some dam reason the cop didnt think that the burnout and sideways action through 3rd gear was as cool as everyone else did!! after the nice blue lights poped up through the smoke i was left with a reckless driving ticket and a long lecture basically explaining how i was sutch a dumb ***! o well live and learn the lawyer says it shouldnt be hard to beat ( hope he is right) he said just take pictures of all the gravel in the road!! lol (anyone no were i can find some gravel) he said the defence is strong car and just kinda lost controle in the lil bit of gravel in the road! i hope this guy knows what he is doining! he claims he has gotten alot of people off like that before so ill let you know after court!
Old 03-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Banned

Sand on the road will not work. The Government does NOT have the responsibility to keep the roads free of impurities that would affect traction. Rather the operator of the vehicle has the responsibility to understand the road conditions, and operate his/her vehicle in a manner that is safe on those conditions. You did not, whether the road was dirt, pavement, or ice.

I hope you lose, you deserve it.

People think lawyers are a get out of jail card that costs money. They aren't, and if the officer does his job, and does it RIGHT, that citation will stick.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Launching!

lol! ha ha ha. ya tickets suck, i deserved it and if i have to pay it by all means i am going to, but everyone gets a ticket at some point in time and can you blaim me for trying to fight it? and i did look in to it a lil bit and dont know about your state but in mine there is a law code failure to maintain controle of a vehicle! that would fall under losing controle over some rocks in the road!!! not the fault of the state but also not a reckless driving ticket! and before you go off bashing me like some young kid just going out driving stupid trying to buy his way out of tickets all i have ever had is sports cars and never once have i ever gotten any other tickets in 6 years of driving ( not a huge record but not bad eather)
Old 03-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Banned

I'm not blaming you for fighting it, the law gives you that right, it's your's to take advantage of. I'm just hoping you lose, because you didn't just "lose control," you drove recklessly. You already admitted that. And even if you lost control as a result of road imperfections, it is STILL YOUR FAULT. The punishment is not as harsh because the law doesn't see it as an infraction done on purpose with the knowledge of what could result, but it is still your fault nonetheless.

The difference between the two is like most other laws, to the officer's judgment and discretion. And this officer felt you were operating your vehicle in a reckless manner. To a judge, that pretty much means you're guilty.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Launching!

ya i also forgot to mention that this happened in the middle of no were with no one around to get hurt just having a lil fun with the guys! but i guess your right i did break the law there should be no officer descretion for the situation and i should go straight to jail!!! dont pass go dont collect $200 hell they should impound the car to! or even better maybe they should take all cars that could spin a tire to make sure this never happends agen!!!!! that would make a cops job even easier!! then they wouldnt ever have to look at the situation!
Old 03-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hawaiianpunch01SS
ya i also forgot to mention that this happened in the middle of no were with no one around to get hurt just having a lil fun with the guys! but i guess your right i did break the law there should be no officer descretion for the situation and i should go straight to jail!!! dont pass go dont collect $200 hell they should impound the car to! or even better maybe they should take all cars that could spin a tire to make sure this never happends agen!!!!! that would make a cops job even easier!! then they wouldnt ever have to look at the situation!
With an attitude like that, maybe they should have. Explaining how it didn't hurt anyone isn't a good way to get out of it. I'm all for discretion of the situation, but to say you shouldn't be liable for what you did is bullshit. We've all seen the video of the Cobra Mustang that turned around in the middle of the street, then hit 2-3 cars. How pissed would you be, driving your dream car, if some stupidass teenager whose Daddy bought him a nice car spun into you while he was showing off for the guys? I'd a hit the kid, more than once.

Originally Posted by GregD63
You would be better off to just tell the truth. Admitting that you were stupid and did wrong might go over better with the judge than making up some lie. Saying that you can't drive well enough to control your own car might get your license suspended. The court might take you off the road 'in the interests of public safety'.
Best post ever.

You'd be amazed how lenient they will be if you go in, say you were guilty, say you screwed up, and talk to the judge. Explain how you are a productive member of society, say how you go to school, say how you work hard, and just say you are overall a good person. That'll get on a judge's good side FAST. Judges know people like to have fun, and say this is just a hobby, and that you didn't think of the consequences. By pleading guilty, most courts will cut fines by 25%, and cut points in half, and make many citations a non-moving violation so they won't hurt your insurance. You should try it.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, my 1st ticket was for drag racing lol. Like you I am fighting it. I know it was my fault and that I'm a dumbass but why not try to get out of it. If it sticks I wont be mad. I know what I did. No use trying to blame it on some BS or someone else.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Quote (to say you shouldn't be liable for what you did is bullshit) i never said i wasnt liable in fact i said that i was! i admit that i broke the law i just think it was a lil harmless fun ( wen i say harmless i mean the only one that could have possibly been hurt was me) but i never once said i didnt do it or i wasnt wrong! i guess it dosnt matter that the cop took off spinning also to try and catch me ( he also ran off the road doing so!) but that dosnt matter that he did the exact same thing as i did just not as safe (by runnig off the road) cuz he was doing his job he is alowed to drive reckless??
Old 03-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Launching!

but you are right about i shouldnt blame it on anything but me and i am not i know it was my fault i am just trying to make it a lil better then reckless driving given the circumstances!
Old 03-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hawaiianpunch01SS
Quote (to say you shouldn't be liable for what you did is bullshit) i never said i wasnt liable in fact i said that i was! i admit that i broke the law i just think it was a lil harmless fun ( wen i say harmless i mean the only one that could have possibly been hurt was me) but i never once said i didnt do it or i wasnt wrong! i guess it dosnt matter that the cop took off spinning also to try and catch me ( he also ran off the road doing so!) but that dosnt matter that he did the exact same thing as i did just not as safe (by runnig off the road) cuz he was doing his job he is alowed to drive reckless??
Please use the quoting feature, it makes posts easy to read, unlike whatever you just created.

About the cop's driving. First, he is highly trained in performance, emergency response, and ordinary driving of the vehicle he was driving. Secondly, that car was maintained to some of the highest standards there are. It has really good tires, and is thoroughly inspected on a regular basis. Lastly, if he does screw up and get in an accident, he is backed by an extensive network. So first, you know you'll be fully compensated for any injuries, whether they be physical, mental, and/or financial. There is no question of whether he is insured, he is insured by the biggest financial corporation in the WORLD, the United States Government.

Furthermore, the law has exceptions for "Acceptable Risks." Under Duty of Care, the law asks this about the situation: "What is the cost to the defendant or society if the defendant did not do what he did, or did something to minimize its risk?" Int his case, the cop would be the defendant. So basically, what would be the cost to society as a whole if police officers were forced to drive perfectly and obey every law you do?

1) **** 5 minute response times, you're up to 20, 15 minutes if you're lucky. Getting shot? Sucks for you.
2) 1/2 the officers in your city just quit because they are getting more fines at work than they are making in salary, all while trying to serve the community efficiently. Now your response times double, hope those bullets take an hour to hit their target.
3) Under increasing pressure, the city was forced to double its ENTIRE STAFF in order to keep response times in check. Double the vehicular fleet, double the weapons, double the training, double the gas, double the dispatchers, double all of the support personnel. Your taxes double, in an effort to support the most expensive program in a city government by far.
4) As a result of there now being double the police cars in the field, accident rates involving officers go up by 97%, since statistically speaking only 2% of officer-involved accidents are the officer's fault, and we'll say half of thse are eliminated by the safer driving. That's nearly double. So now, 97% more citizens are getting injured physically, mentally, and financially just in an effort to make the officers drive slower.

The list goes on and on and on. The benefit to society of officers driving how they do is greater than the cost of additional accidents.

Lastly, I know for a fact a Crown Victoria simply does not have the power to do what you just said it did, even at sea level on an imperfect road.

Last edited by FieroZ34; 03-18-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

fuggin' fiero boy needs a valum and a tampon
Old 03-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Banned

Exactly right

It seems that those of us with a responsible, educated view on the workings of city government and the law need tampons. It seems those of us interested in the overall safety of others need tampons. I do say, please go buy a box, deliver it to your local Fire Station. Hand them out to a few cops why don't you? I mean after all, they are just trying to make the world you and I live in better, safer, more convenient, and free of dumbfucks (Look in the mirror). But for that, boy do they need tampons. Hell, deliver them to the courts as well. I think, by simply handing out tampons to every public service worker in this nation, we can all be care free. My 12 year old can go buy a gun and drink shots, my 13 year old daughter can go steal your cheapskate Z28 and joyride until she wrecks into the responsible owner trying to go to work, kills him, and ruins his car. But ****, the cop that could have stopped her right after she stole the car and killed the innocent man, what a ******* *******. How dare he be worried about the safety of others. He needs a damn tampon.

Yah, that's it. I thank God there aren't more people like you.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02silvaZ
fuggin' fiero boy needs a valum and a tampon

WORD
Old 03-18-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

go fugg your self you self righteous jackass, i guess god should answer to police too, i dare to say that to him when you meet him when you die which is hopefully very soon
Old 03-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Banned

Why not just kill me?

Stop being a *****, you're all talk!

I mean the law that's stopping you needs a tampon, so why not challenge it?

I'm thinking you'll puss out. I'll act surprised
Old 03-18-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

whatever, i guess if we met somewhere and i wanted to kick you *** for the hell of it you would probably hide behind 'your little badge of courage' and then call for backup, *****, stop talking you are wasting good oxygen with your nonsense rants
Old 03-18-2007, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

it sounds like fiero is an old fart who has nothing better else to do but talk **** about kicking people asses who live across the nation from him...hint get out of this thread if your gonna talk stupid ****. i say if you have the money fight it and you might get lucky..what the hell might work.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Launching!

lol thanks for the backup!!! first off as for the comment on the cheapskate Z28 it would pipe its *** with the lil fiero!!!! 2nd off about your coment about no crown vick could do what i am saying is totally not relevent!!!! cuz at what time did i say it was a crown vick???? try a charger!! now tell me agen how it cant do it!! and 3rd off about the reasonable risk! it is not a reasonable risk under this situation to take off spinnig losing control (even with all that POS police training) run off the road all just to be a hard *** and bust someone out having a good time not hurting anyone in the middle of NO WHERE!!!!! that is not a reasonable risk in any reasonable persons eyes!! it would be different if there were other cars or people around that could have been hit but there wernt!! only me my car and the ditches on the sides of the road on both sides that i managed to keep my car out of (cant say the same for the cop!! LOL) so tell me how is it a reasonable risk to take a car that us tax payers bought drive reckless wreck hurt an officer and his car and raise the insurance rates that us taxpayers pay just to catch a guy that is out havin a lil fun not hurtin anyone and is actually keeping his car in the road?? all i can say is i know alot of cops im GLAD there arnt more out there like u! u give them all a bad name in my eyes!!! lose the power trip your no better then anyone else just take the badge off and look in the mirror
Old 03-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Launching!

hell ya i am going to fight it im going to fight it twice as hard now just to prove a point that lil power trip ****** shouldnt be cops! let them give these BS tickets ill beat it!!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

I got my first ticket in Carmel Indiana, about the worst place to get one because somehow doing 60 down a 2 lane road with a median gets you a $260 fine. Good luck fighting it, where i'm from thats impossible due to the stuck up courts and **** police