New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, motor cranks, but doesn't turn over....

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 01:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, motor cranks, but doesn't turn over....

Well, went to start my car tonight, and the battery was dead. So I did a quick charge, and the car turned over for 5 seconds, then died. Waited about 15 minutes, hooked the car up to a running car via jumper cables, got the car to turn over for 20 seconds, and then died again. Now it won't start period.

I have the OEM AC Delco battery still, could this somehow mysteriously be a problem??

I have brand new NGK TR-6's, I pulled them back out to find black sut on them and small amounts of fuel.

My fuel pressure gauge is no longer reading any pressure in the rail. However, why would the engine turn over before if there is no pressure?

I just installed a Walbro 255LPH fuel pump. The pump gets power when I turn the key to on, but I think this may be the culprit since there is no fuel pressure reading in the rail. Why would it get power and make the "turn on" sound yet not send any fuel?

I am so lost as to what my problem is, someone please try and help!
Old 01-31-2008, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1 battery could be totaly dead and is not holding any charge.
2 if your not getting any fuel pressure you need to get some check and make shure your pump is working properly get a diffrent fuel pressure gague to check it for shure.

But Fist things first I'd go get a new battery you can have the old one tested to be shure. then go from their dont crank you starter for that long 20 secounds on a starter is painful.
but thats just me.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:44 PM

yea i agree, get the battery tested first because sometimes we tend to look over the simplest cause and end up wasting money.