New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ready to get started and needing some help...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 04:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ready to get started and needing some help...

Ok I have a 1998 Z28 A4... I already have Pacesetter LTs and TSP Rumbler X True Duals... I just ordered my 3.73 gears and am looking at getting the Yank SS 3600... BMR Boxed Subframe connectors... BUT will the Spohn torque arm with a front DS safety loop fit with my true duals? I know the Spohn arm relocates the mount off the transmission to the existing crossbar... So can I still get the Spohn torque arm AND safety loop?!!?!?!
Old 02-15-2008, 05:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you contact Spohn directly? When I bought my TA from them I talked to them several times before I bought it.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would either contact Spohn or TSP.

Or you could go BMR adjustable torque arm and then buy the driveshaft safety loop. I'm very happy with both, but the one thing I don't have yet is the relocation crossmember to mount the torque arm off the transmission, so it sounds like the Spohn is a good all-in-one option if it will work with your exhaust. Let us know how it goes.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:29 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
I would either contact Spohn or TSP.

Or you could go BMR adjustable torque arm and then buy the driveshaft safety loop. I'm very happy with both, but the one thing I don't have yet is the relocation crossmember to mount the torque arm off the transmission, so it sounds like the Spohn is a good all-in-one option if it will work with your exhaust. Let us know how it goes.
The option of our full length torque arm with the relocation mount is going to be the most street friendly setup. The best thing is you loose no ground clearance because of a crossmember. If you have any questions regarding our products please feel free to ask.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 02-15-2008, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no, you can't run this torque arm with the crossmemeber mount with true duals form TSP, you must custom fab the exhasut or use standard moutn torque arm! if you fab up and h-pipe with a little tweak on the driver's side, you can still use the mufflers and some of the piping on the kit though
Old 02-15-2008, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

Well what if I get the BMR Adjustable Torque arm that comes with the crossbar that you have to weld in.... can I make this work at all?!?! Because this is putting a damper in my layout... lol. I'm already getting the BMR Boxed subframe connectors.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

To run the TSP system, you must have a trany mounted one, although i'm sure there are some that have worked around it, it's probably a task. Anyhting is possible though, but regardless of how it's done or if you bother with the trouble, it's gonna be a ground clearance issue
Old 02-16-2008, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Damn... well ok then I have another question for ya... The typhoon intake, 85mm with the fuel rails that comes with the professional products throttle body... Is this kit worth a ****? Seems too cheap.. ya know? Nothing good that has a throttle body AND intake can cost $500...
Old 02-16-2008, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can't complain abotu my, but you will probably give a little up on the bottom end, they have fixed the gasket issue now, so you're good on clearance over valley and seal, so as long as you use thread paste and tighten fuel lines good, it's' a good kit!