New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3l conversion in 68 chevy truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3l conversion in 68 chevy truck

need help with fuel system i want to move tank out of cab and under bed i would like to have the pump in the tank does anyone have a suggestion on where to go thanks. the last truck i built was an s10 with lt1 and 6 speed with a fuel cell and a external pump it worked ok but sometimes it would surrge like it was starving for fuel with a full tank .ps it ran 12.90s consistet at 105mph
Old 03-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take a look in the conversion/hybrid threads of this forum, I am sure it has been done or posted there, also look in other forums for this specific type of truck, I own a '71 c-10, but I have a carbed BBC in it.
You may have to use a fuel cell, as I am not sure the blazer rear tank conversion sold out of popular 67-72 resto parts sellers will hold up to the 58psi minimum needed for an LS1, I might be wrong though. I would recommend finding a fuel cell, mounting where the spare would go under the frame, and using an in tank efi pump suitable to your 5.3's needs. Make sure it has a provision to use the sending unit suitable to your truck's fuel level gauge, remember that there are two different OHM gauges for the 67-72 span.