New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the real world GOT A ? need helpw 00,SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the real world GOT A ? need helpw 00,SS

hey guys im looking to buy this car,whats a 2000 SS, artic white ,6 speed,ZR1 chrome wheels, with 143k and salvage title worth?? the car is fixed back , was hit on passenger side front, didnt pop air bags, runs and drives great, needs rear brakes, tires,radio in "loc" mode, just wondering what I should put in it, thet asking 4500.00 ?? would it be worth it?? and could i get my money out of it later??
Old 05-23-2008, 07:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as the car looks clean and drives fine (no major vibrations as a real hard collision could damage the suspension, front axle, etc) I would say see what their bottom dollar price is. If the car is clean and drives fine the engine at 143K miles shouldnt be an issue as ls1's are quite reliable and can take a beating. Plus if you ever plan on going with major modifications you wouldnt have to worry about messing up a clean titled SS. I wouldnt say though that you would be able to make money on the deal as it is what it is and thats a salvaged title 143K mile SS.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No you wont get your money out of it later. I dont buy salvage cars but thats me. There are plenty of guys who do and dont have issues with them. I worked for a guy once who did it for a living. They buy them at auction and repair them. Salvage value was only like 2200 on the car so who knows how much they bought it for but for 4500 they didnt put to much into it... I would stay away, but thats me. You find the guys who sell them for a living with a different view. Look for a non slavage hi mileage z28 and you'll get the same price.

In order to turn salvage cars for a living you buy them cheap and dont put a whole lot into them.... thats why you can sell them cheap.. its not just because of the word salvage