Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thinking about going dual stage on my 408

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 02:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default thinking about going dual stage on my 408

ok so full forged 408(m6-9IN) and on 200 dry pills made 673/742.... 150 pills made 632/669.... i want to keep the small kit on there mabye even drop it to a 100 wheel shot.. then put on a 2nd stage wet pilled at 200 wheel..... BUT should i go direct port or plate... i plan on using 1st kit in 1st gear... then both in 2nd-4th... so what do yall think... plate or save up and go direct port..? also not a daily driven car..
Old 05-25-2009, 02:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id do plate
Old 05-25-2009, 05:22 PM
9 Second Club

Im thinking of doing the same thing 2 stages but I want it to total up to 200 shot after that you really should go direct port or your risking #7 burning up
Old 05-26-2009, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

anyone else?.... and the 200 will be mainly for the track... or some random d-bag running his mouth
Old 05-26-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

What intake setup is on it? If its a ls6/fast I would do a direct port. If its a carb setup, then I would just do a plate.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:22 PM
11 Second Club

its an ls6 intake... i was thinking about going the money maker route..... but was unsure about it.......
Old 05-26-2009, 09:48 PM
TECH Veteran

i have seen dual shots with a plate and a plate with a nozzle spraying well over 300 so id say do it...
Old 05-26-2009, 09:48 PM
12 Second Club

for sure do a money maker, they are awesome and itll put some bitches in their place when you open up the whole arsenal on them
Old 05-27-2009, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

upgrade to a ported 95/95 is my vote but if your leaving the ls6 i vote directport but i think it will be hard to sell after you drill holes in it
Old 05-27-2009, 09:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SICKSS/Z28
upgrade to a ported 95/95 is my vote but if your leaving the ls6 i vote directport but i think it will be hard to sell after you drill holes in it
i would love to do that BUT its another grand on top of the nitrous... soooo i would be out more money...... i love the power it makes right now BUT just want more for the track and people talkin ****... i guess if i go direct port i will go with the money maker.. if not i will get a harris speed plate..
Old 05-28-2009, 10:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

300 is a alot of dope through the front of the intake. There is no doubt a directport would be the best option. But I am not so sure I would put that amount of money in a LS6 intake. We have many customers spraying 300 through our plate. If it were me I would ditch the dry kit and go to our dual stage wet plate kit and watch her fly...

If going this route when you get up around that 250 mark you need to read the plugs to see if you have a plug burning differently than the others. On most of the cars I have tuned we were fine but every motor flows differently.
Dave
Old 05-28-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

If I was to go the level you want through the neck, I would certainly stay dry as this will keep the fuel drop out out of the equation. You could add the HSW dry plate kit into the mix which is good for dual staging. Anyway, i do agree on going multi stage, what i have done with my 408 is Dry DP as a stage, and a dry plate for two more stages. All is fueled by the cars fuel tank and injectors via the PCM and Interface. So many combos to choose from, your making nice power and tq with your current dry set-up why not just split it up into two stages? the dry DP is much cheaper to plumb and set-up and tune compared to the wet DP. The other thing to point out, I have mine set to be able to use any set-up as any stge, so the DP can be stage 3, or stage 2 or stage 1 and same with other two stages.

Robert
Old 05-28-2009, 04:06 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Robert56
If I was to go the level you want through the neck, I would certainly stay dry as this will keep the fuel drop out out of the equation. You could add the HSW dry plate kit into the mix which is good for dual staging. Anyway, i do agree on going multi stage, what i have done with my 408 is Dry DP as a stage, and a dry plate for two more stages. All is fueled by the cars fuel tank and injectors via the PCM and Interface. So many combos to choose from, your making nice power and tq with your current dry set-up why not just split it up into two stages? the dry DP is much cheaper to plumb and set-up and tune compared to the wet DP. The other thing to point out, I have mine set to be able to use any set-up as any stge, so the DP can be stage 3, or stage 2 or stage 1 and same with other two stages.

Robert
Come on Robert.. What is it going to take to open your eyes to the real facts..
Fuel Drop Out is a myth... Vinnys video should have finnaly opened your eyes to that... A little common since will also clue you into the fact that the mixture is sucked through that intake plenum so fast nothing is puddling anywhere unless your tune up is crazy rich...

Now distribution flow evenly to each cylinder may be another story. Reading the plugs will tell you at what point you have reached the wall with your intake design.

Ill stick to building fast cars... with wet kits..

Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 05-28-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dave again, fuel drop out is a known issue with the lsx paltform. I have sighted published text numerous times, all of the real n2o companies realize this a concern. Bottom line, you are still the only one on the internet to still try and claim this doesn't happen; Remember, knowledge is power, lol. If you would like, I will once agin sight the published text from authors well known in the business and qoutes from companies such as NOS. By the nway, building fast cars has nothing to do with fuel drop as it (wet hits) can still get the job done, but doesn't void out the facts of the matter.
Robert
Old 05-28-2009, 05:20 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Robert56
Dave again, fuel drop out is a known issue with the lsx paltform. I have sighted published text numerous times, all of the real n2o companies realize this a concern. Bottom line, you are still the only one on the internet to still try and claim this doesn't happen; Remember, knowledge is power, lol. If you would like, I will once agin sight the published text from authors well known in the business and qoutes from companies such as NOS. By the nway, building fast cars has nothing to do with fuel drop as it (wet hits) can still get the job done, but doesn't void out the facts of the matter.
Robert
I dont care who says what. I see dated or wrong information published all the time. Does not mean anything to me and it does not mean its right. The fuel puddling issue was an original problem with a crappy designed nozzle from NOS. Yes back then fuel was never atomized properly out of the bath tub of the nozzle. So yes fuel drop out happened. With todays technonlogy and the right tune up its not going to happen. Plain and simple. I know my ****.

Dave.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:37 PM
10 Second Club

^well said
Old 05-29-2009, 01:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I dont care who says what. I see dated or wrong information published all the time. Does not mean anything to me and it does not mean its right. The fuel puddling issue was an original problem with a crappy designed nozzle from NOS. Yes back then fuel was never atomized properly out of the bath tub of the nozzle. So yes fuel drop out happened. With todays technonlogy and the right tune up its not going to happen. Plain and simple. I know my ****.

Dave.
I am not going to try and explain it to you again any way, lol. Large amounts (read: past about a 200 shot) of gasoline no matter how atomized are going to slow down when introduced at the front entrance (dry engineered) style intake, going up and over the runners, and become larger and larger particulates... Stuck with dated technology is your game not mine. I don't recomend the wet style carb inspired 40 year old fuel solenoid based wet hits any way, lol. We all can see clearly that you don't care about anything except sticking with and promoting the old school wet, when in fact their is nice following going the dry route. Remember Dave, it is not 1985 any longer and technology is your friend.

By the way, since you mentioned Vinny's video, is that the car he had problems with? just asking, as I never saw the video? or is that the video that was out there with the intake not even installed on the car and free spraying thru it?
Robert

EDIT:For those of you reading along, check my posts from the last month or so. You will se that every single time I give any info what so ever, Dave will come along and try to invalidate said input, lol. So let the reader decide whom knows what and what is really going on here, lol. will make for some good reading anyway, lol. Seems someone wants this site as a one man show, lol.

Last edited by Robert56; 05-29-2009 at 01:21 AM.