Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for the N2O Gods

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 10:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for the N2O Gods

Do you lower your shift points on juice?
My buddy's truck with a Z06 cam, 3000 stall, 4.10s, and juice we were shifting at 6,100 on the motor and juice. A guy I work with, that has been into juice since they only had one kit, said that we should try to lower our shift points.
We tried lowering the shift points and started to shift at 5,600, thus lugging the motor down alot. When we did this we picked up .2s and 1.5mph in the 1/8 mile. Also the timeslips became more consistent. The truck felt like it was going slower and of course didn't sound like it was working as hard.
The bastard wrecked his truck before further testing could be done. However, I was wondering if ya'll had experience with this. I realize that this is keeping the motor in the huge and low torque band that the spray is known for. Also, I was wondering if a taller gear would also help to keep the motor in the torque band.
My buddy at work said that 60% of the people that use nitrous shift to high. Anyway, I want some opinions.
Old 11-09-2003, 01:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agree with the short shifts on nitrous. always worked really well for me.
I also like to pull out more timing than most. just to make it safer.
Old 11-09-2003, 12:32 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also short shift. Stock motor and fuel system+dry kit=less drain on injectors because of the lower RPM. my engine peaks at 53 to 5400 RPM