Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stand alone lines?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stand alone lines?

I received at standalone from Nitrous Outlet and im just a bit confused. I got 4 -6 fittings and 1 -6x6x6 Y fitting to split and feed both stages. Now my noids have a much smaller fitting for the inlet. Am I missing fittings or am I just not getting it?
Old 07-21-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

your solenoids are most likely 1/8" NPT. youll need a male -6 to male 1/8" fitting to join each solenoid.

its part number AT981662

http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/index...Tuff!_Adapters
Old 07-22-2009, 07:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I spent 800 bucks on this standalone from the same company that the kit is from, I shouldnt have to purchase "extra" fittings when I receive it
Old 07-24-2009, 12:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigDB
I spent 800 bucks on this standalone from the same company that the kit is from, I shouldnt have to purchase "extra" fittings when I receive it
i know what you mean....maybe it was a misunderstanding? talk to them...im sure they'll be nice about it.

if not, youre lookin at about 15 bucks.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What does your setup consist of? Are you running a 4 noid direct port? This could be as easy as buying a single 1/8 to -6 fitting.

Typically if your kit is designed for the LSX motors, you will have a -4 feed line from the rail to the fuel solenoid. This is why you will need to get the fitting. It sucks, but this is one of the hidden costs when you start to mix and match kits/setups.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:02 AM
TECH Addict

Call nitorus outlet. did you buy both kits togeather? If not did you tell them what kit you have? IF so call them ill bet they send you what you need. Why people post here without even calling the place they bought something from is beyond me.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

^^^ yup, call chris - good dude. he'll hook you up
Old 07-24-2009, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

You have 2 kits and a $800 standalone and now your bitching about a $10 fitting?
Old 07-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

The Dedicateds dont come with the inlet fitting for the solenoid because we dont know what size noid inlet someone has. The person that sold the dedicated should have asked you if you needed that fitting. I'm very sorry about this.

This is the fitting that you will need
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=3620

-Chris
Old 07-24-2009, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1st: Thanks chris for your help, a call was placed but after hours. I called next day and found out the info I needed to plumb the system.

2nd: kit is nitrous outlet dual stage plate, with the -4 an inlets, I provided the info that the kit was in fact a nitrous outlet kit and ordered the upgrade for dual noids and was thrown for a loop when I received -6 AN ends to attach to my -4 inlets. Its like buying a new car and goin to drive it only to find that uv been given the wrong key. I assumed, sorry, but its wasnt the end of the world just a few days delay.

3rd: Im not "bitchin" about a $10 fitting, can u honestly say that uv never opened up a new speed part ready to install and are dead ended because of something behond ur control and werent upset? If not, then excuse me for being human. I did call but it was after 6:30, I figured somone on here might have run into the same problem and knew what fittings I needed and I could order them that night. That is what this site is about helping fellow hotrodders like mattl31 did. Then there are some that just post worthless info not relating to the topic.

Thanks to Nitrous Outlet for making excelent products, I understand mishapps happen its part of business. Thanks to everyone who had positive comments and info regarding the thread. Im not here to get in a pissing match over the internet so to others who will make negative comment they will go un-noticed. If this thread becomes more than informative Ill have a Mod lock it and that would be a shame due to teh fact that someone may find the info within valuable at some point.

That is all ima have a beer everyone have a great weekend :Cheers!!: