Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

micro edge questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default micro edge questions

I got two questions about programming my micro edge. Im a newbie to this and just got it all hooked up. My first question is how do I get it to activate the nitrous? I got it hooked up to the TPS and when I arm it and press the gas nothing happens. Its showing trigger volts and it goes up to 4.61 when I am at WOT. The second question is how do I program the max rpm on the window switch. I got the MIN set but dont know how to do the MAX. I have read the instructions several times just cant figure it out.

thanks
Josh
Old 07-25-2009, 04:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by key4
I got two questions about programming my micro edge. Im a newbie to this and just got it all hooked up. My first question is how do I get it to activate the nitrous? I got it hooked up to the TPS and when I arm it and press the gas nothing happens. Its showing trigger volts and it goes up to 4.61 when I am at WOT. The second question is how do I program the max rpm on the window switch. I got the MIN set but dont know how to do the MAX. I have read the instructions several times just cant figure it out.

thanks
Josh
lmao! Today must be the day because I am in the same boat! I'm all wired up but almost in the same boat. What is your trigger set to? To set the max rpm just press the other button(if I was in my car I could walk you through this part its the only part I got right so far lol)
Old 07-25-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to have the car running and all parameters set before trying to activate. Something like having the a/f ratio section activated but not hooked up will keep the system from working. Take your time and all will be fine. It is a little overwhelming at first but everything will fall in to place I assure you.
Robert
Old 07-25-2009, 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
. Something like having the a/f ratio section activated but not hooked up will keep the system from working.
Robert
How is that turned off? That has to do with the orange wire right? I didnt even hook it up.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:29 PM
FormerVendor

If you dont mind, fill out a support ticket when you get a chance.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/support/

This will be the fastest form of trouble shooting you can get from us other than calling. Plus its much easier to track your responses and additional questions.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:12 PM
11 Second Club

To go from min to max, hold the menu button and press up or down.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Man I hope I figure it out. Everything is just running together. I dont understand the trigger. When it is running at idle its at 0.57 but when I shut the engine off, I can mash the pedal to the floor and it reads 4.60. Now when I activate the nitrous and go WOT it will say trigger on the micro edge but nothing happens. I still dont know how to set the trigger.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:59 AM
10 Second Club

What is your trigger set to right now? Not the voltage, rather positive, negative, etc.
Also, does it say "armed" when you turn your switch on?
Old 07-26-2009, 02:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
What is your trigger set to right now? Not the voltage, rather positive, negative, etc.
Also, does it say "armed" when you turn your switch on?
Just went out and checked it and the trigger is set to postive. Yes it does say armed when I turn my switch on.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:03 AM
10 Second Club

Are you using the window switch? If so, for testing purposes, set activate to zero. Then go through and make sure you're setup to spray in every gear. No need to start the car.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
Are you using the window switch? If so, for testing purposes, set activate to zero. Then go through and make sure you're setup to spray in every gear. No need to start the car.
Thanks man, Im am so new at this. Yes I am using the window switch and the MIN is set at 3200. So for testing, I need to set the MIN at 0? Everything is new the HSW nozzle kit and micro edge. Just got it all hooked up yesterday and just making sure the sileniods is working. Ok one last question for you, How do I set it up to make sure I am spraying in every gear?
Old 07-26-2009, 03:24 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah, set it to 0. That way you're not outside revving the hell out of the car. Also, disconnect the fuel line from the nozzle, and put the end in a coke bottle. When you test it, do it somewhat quick and look for the word spray. Hold it too long and you'll fill up the coke bottle after a while.

On the menu, there will be a gear select. just make sure it says stage 1 in every gear.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:42 AM
11 Second Club

this is exactly where I am right now, I think it has something to do with the fpss wiring, not sure.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I played with it a little today and I think I got it. I'm not a 100 percent on it but I got it to spray. Thanks guys and thank you jmill96Z, you where a big help
Old 07-26-2009, 09:17 PM
10 Second Club

Glad you got it worked out.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:26 AM
FormerVendor

Guys,

The best advice I can give is run through the menu systems. Don't be afraid to change things, as there is a master reset that will bring you right back to normal. If you stumble along the way, just call us or fill out a ticket. 90% of the time we're checking that system over the weekends. Unfortunately some of the time not all of us are on tech during the weekend.

Nick