Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous controler?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 09:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default nitrous controler?

im fixin to put nitrous on my cam only car, i what to run a 125 shot. but since i still have that stock 10blot i wanted to use a progressive controler so off the line im only running a 50shot, and as soon as i hit second gear it will switch to the full 125shot. i have seen ones from harris speed works, and nitrous outlet just whated to get an idea of what people are running, and the controler i would need to get.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

our microedge plus would definitely cover all your needs and then some.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are many options available. You want to question more than just what the controller will do. You want a controller that can reliably controll the amperage and something built to with stand abuse and time.

There are quite a few options available in the lower cost area. There are currently only two units I would trust on my personal car.

The FJO mini and the NOS mini. The main controll box of both items are completely water tight. You can mount the things under the car if you like or freeze them in a block of water..It will still work. You can even drop it or run over the main box with a car.. They are that well built.

Both units can easily handle alittle 40 amps of solenoid draw even though the NOS is rated low in the paper work it will handle more than the 30 they claim. I have used both units to power 4 solenoid directports that draw 60 amps total.

Both units have built in window swithes and tps activation switches.

The NOS mini has a time base ramp, and a controll output. The NOS mini uses a hand held controller that is easy to program with the touch of two buttons and a easy to read LED screen.

The FJO mini offers both a time base ramp and rpm base ramp and is programed by a labtop.

The FJO mini is 206.00. You can read about it by clicking this link.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...product_id=952

The NOS mini is . You can read about it by clicking this link.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=1539

Keep in mind that a progressive controller is not intended to be a horse power limiter. Technically if its pilled for 150 hp it is always flowing the open flow of a 150. It gradually ramps to a point of being open by opening so many times per second until it is wide open.

If you are looking to do something like stages of Horse power technically it would need to be in stages and not with a controller.

However in a since the controller will achieve the same goal but its not done in different hp levels.
Dave
Old 10-08-2009, 01:31 PM
12 Second Club

thanks for all the info i was looking at that fjo but in didnt know if it would do what i wanted. i just need soming so i can stray out if the hole, just now that whole 125shot.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

i run the microedge + on my car and my girl runs it on her mustang it is very user friendly and a top notch controller
Old 10-08-2009, 10:51 PM
12 Second Club

thank for the post it is between that one and the FJO.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:03 AM
FormerVendor

Lots of plus' and minus'. It really all comes down to your personal needs. The microedge + doesn't require a laptop, has a bottle contents indicator, can save 3 different files for quick changes, and have progressive curves for each gear. The main unit is intended to be mounted inside the car so you can monitor things and make changes on the fly. This might not sound like a huge deal but trust me, trying to boot up a laptop, store it, flash it and then go can be troublesome. Or having to program something with a 3 digit readout and trying to decipher codes isn't fun either. Just like the units above, our progressive box is epoxy filled and water tight. Our unit can be frozen if you like as well. Not really sure what good that would do or why that would be a feature, but it can. I would think freezing ice cream or beer would be more fun...

Honestly, I would suggest going through some of the manuals for each controller and see which one is the most user friendly and meets the needs for you. You can read ours online in our instructions section.

Nick