Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

timing

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default timing

ok, ive got a 2008 GMC Sierra Denali, with the 6.s L92 motor. I just got a new tune for it but were not exactly sre on how much timing we should start with. Its got all the boltons (K&N intake, headers, exhaust, all that) and a brand-x single nozzle wet kit. im spraying a 150 shot and have a window switch. ill probably start the whole tunning process with the window set at 3000 rpm just to be a little on the safe side, but then as we get it dialed in ill be lowering it to where im spraying right off the line, so the nitrous will be set to kick in at between 1500-2000rpm.
with the last tune i had we just pulled 6* from wherever it was at NA, but im not sure on how many degrees that was in the first place. right now he has 2* over stock in there, but again im not exactly sure on what the exact number is. so if any of you guys have a tune file you could show us or just some numbers to tell me that would be great!!
thanks for any help!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

I'll have to check on the timing portion but i honestly wouldn't try and spray the car at that low an RPM...

-Chris
Old 10-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

youre not the first person to tell me that... but when i spray that low the converter flashes to about 2000 or a little higher and with my super short first gear it pulls right up to a safe RPM in no time at all. it doesnt even think about bogging down or anything...
Old 10-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

I here ya there.....but I'd still be hesitant at spraying at that low an rpm

Here is a timing table for the vehicle ( Supplied by one of our vendors )