Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous on LS2 RX7

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous on LS2 RX7

Let me just say i dont have much experience with nitrous so before i blow my ls2 up in my rx7 i would really like to get some opinions. Ok i have a 93 Mazda Rx7 with a 06 Gto engine. So far i got 1 7/8 headers, 4 inch exhaust, twin 255lph walbros return style fuel system. I have a partial nitrous system. i have the bottle, the solenoids, and some of the lines. What can i do about the DBW throttle body? and timing?
Old 04-02-2010, 09:32 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Ls2R1Rx7
Let me just say i dont have much experience with nitrous so before i blow my ls2 up in my rx7 i would really like to get some opinions. Ok i have a 93 Mazda Rx7 with a 06 Gto engine. So far i got 1 7/8 headers, 4 inch exhaust, twin 255lph walbros return style fuel system. I have a partial nitrous system. i have the bottle, the solenoids, and some of the lines. What can i do about the DBW throttle body? and timing?
Drive by wire - Either put the wot switch under the gas pedal or use the built in TPS function of the MicroEDGE controller.

Timing - Bunch of ways to go about doing this...you can pull it in the tune or use a controller to pull the timing only when spraying. You can use the Interface to pull timing while spraying. How much timing will depend on what ecu you're running.

Shoot me a PM and I can help get you a list of all the parts you'll need to finish off the nitrous kit.

Nick
Old 04-02-2010, 09:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Drive by wire - Either put the wot switch under the gas pedal or use the built in TPS function of the MicroEDGE controller.

Timing - Bunch of ways to go about doing this...you can pull it in the tune or use a controller to pull the timing only when spraying. You can use the Interface to pull timing while spraying. How much timing will depend on what ecu you're running.

Shoot me a PM and I can help get you a list of all the parts you'll need to finish off the nitrous kit.

Nick
erase some of you pm's.i just tried sending you one and it said you were full.or could you just g oto my thread and answer my question?sorry for the little hijack op.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Nick im actually gonna pick up the microedge and ls2 wet plate from you guys here soon. Would i need a wet kit with the fuse system that i have? I ran each of my pumps to each bank and back to a A1000 regulator and then back to the tank.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:59 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Ls2R1Rx7
Nick im actually gonna pick up the microedge and ls2 wet plate from you guys here soon. Would i need a wet kit with the fuse system that i have? I ran each of my pumps to each bank and back to a A1000 regulator and then back to the tank.
How is the car tuned? Shoot me a PM with your complete build and we'll figure it out for you.

Nick
Old 04-07-2010, 11:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love the RX7 stuffed with a LSX based engine..

I know your are limited for space so you may also want to check out our plate set up. Its only 3/4 thick.

Due to how our set up is designed it offers a sex appeal and it performs very well.

Here is a post someone just posted.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...ls6-cts-v.html

You can also do a search and find alot more pictures and info.

As for the timing controll. I personaly use the lingenfelter unit to remove timing. It is the only one I will use. It is super simple to install. It plugs embetween the coil pack connectors and has one wire that goes to the system relay. It can remove up to 15 degrees of timing and has a refrence wire so you can varify its doing its job. It also has a built in two step if you want to take advantage of that feature.

Now if you are using EFI live for tuning you can remove timing using there coss 5 program with out the need of any timing add on.

If I can answer any question let me know.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:07 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by blk99sleekbeak
erase some of you pm's.i just tried sending you one and it said you were full.or could you just g oto my thread and answer my question?sorry for the little hijack op.
Cleared, sorry.

Nick