Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!! MSD Digital Window, Zex Programable WOT..

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! MSD Digital Window, Zex Programable WOT..

Ok so first off im no wiring guru, but i was going by this diagram which im sure now has to be wrong for my application but what do i know...I am running a Stand alone fuel cell with gauge for fuel pressure without a FPSS at the moment.. so had the yellow wire directly hooked up to #85. and my ZEX WOT switch has 2 blue wires, I tied them together and put them on #86. I know nothing about relays to be honest. But in the instructions it says to run the blue wires to ground side or solenoids.

http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewga...ewimg&id=92592

Im running the MSD digital window switch, when i hooked it up to my tach wired it was reading way off and would only read right when set on 4 cyl. So I ran a wire real quick to my injector and it worked while set on 1. So is this normal? Id like to run it off my tach wire instead of needing another wire in the engine bay. I am running a PSI stand alone harness.

SOOOO I wanted to see if it would kick on and spray. I had the nozzles in a bucket. Set my MSD switch to 1500 to kick on so i wouldnt rev the motor much just be WOT for a second. Nothing.....

Im guessing the yellow wire would be my hot wire for solenoids and my 2 blue wires off WOT should be my grounds... whats going on here someone give me some help and point me in the right direction.

I jumped out the solenoids and they worked.

Heres what Im using

http://www.zex.com/zx/nitrous-add-on...ml?___store=zx

http://www.msdignition.com/uploadedf...structions.pdf
Old 03-15-2011, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok now im even more lost, after reading the msd instructions the yellow wire also provides ground when on... so i have both msd and my zex wot giving me ground when activated... wtf do i do here
Old 03-16-2011, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Now i called msd and some guy thinks that i need to run 2 relays now, and run it like this

Relay 1 needs to be connected to relay 2, hook the 30s together, and on relay 1 hook 85 to 87 on relay 2, then my MSD yellow wire goes to 85 on relay 2 and switched 12v to 86 on relay 2... then relay 1 my blue wires from WOT switch go to 86 on relay 1 , then 87 on relay 1 goes to nitrous..

any thoughts??
Old 03-16-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OR i just had a thought, couldnt i run my blue wires from WOT switch to ground side of my solenoids, then hook up my relay some how with just my msd switch on it to trigger it?
Old 03-18-2011, 11:57 PM
9 Second Club

That msd window switch I used to run one of those. You dont need the tps and that msd. I would sell both of them and buy a NitrousOutlet controller. Its easy to program. If you keep the msd window swich you can set if up and have a wot switch wired to your t.b.