Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous bottle question

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous bottle question

I was at a welding supply store yesterday and saw they had a ton of different cylinder sizes for all the compressed gasses they sell, like these:

Their deal is you buy the bottle then trade it out for refills. They said they can get nitrous oxide, so I was wondering if there is any reason I couldnt buy a smaller bottle like the 22 or 40 cubic feet ones in the picture and set it up to run in my car. That way I could just trade the bottle out locally instead of having to drive 40 miles away to get my normal bottle filled, and I didnt get prices but I bet it would end up being cheaper.

There any reason this wouldnt work?

Edit- Thinking about it more...is the problem that these type of bottles draw gas off the top instead of liquid off the bottom of the tank?
Old 06-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

u have to have the tube that draws off the bottle u want more liquids than gas so it atomizes better but yes u could use those bottles the only thing that might be a problem is condition of the bottles if there is rust on the inside then ur going to blow it into ur motor I went through this I used a cheap used bottle and trash went trough my lines and destroyed my solenoids just somethin to think on

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android
Old 06-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

if they can fill bottles or get Nitrous why don't u busy by a couple of bottles and let them send then off for u to get filled

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android

Quick Reply: Nitrous bottle question