Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

msd window switch problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default msd window switch problems

ok , i have the 8956 msd window switch , which takes the pills. now i have everything hooked up , but im not getting this thing to work right somehow, i can take a wire and cross over the on side and eveything works on the wot switch. i checked the readings coming off the rpm , (white) wire with a ohm meter and its reading a ground signal , should it do that not hooked up to anything?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Launching!

im getting power thur the 85 leg of my relay? shouldnt it be a ground
Old 09-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Launching!

anyone help lol, or show me a diagram of how to hook up ,i have a wot on petal , no fpss , msd 8956 and 1 relay , i have 2 relays but i would rather just use 1 if possible. i almost 100% i got it hook up right just want to check.

plz help me lol, just give me a ideal if it ur not 100% of how to check

is there a way to check the msd 8956 to make sure its ok
Old 09-21-2012, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dekan513
anyone help lol, or show me a diagram of how to hook up ,i have a wot on petal , no fpss , msd 8956 and 1 relay , i have 2 relays but i would rather just use 1 if possible. i almost 100% i got it hook up right just want to check.

plz help me lol, just give me a ideal if it ur not 100% of how to check

is there a way to check the msd 8956 to make sure its ok
I think you should monitor the MSD's YELLOW wire and watch for ground. Note when using the PCM's tach output, setup the device in 4 cylinder mode. I think that means cut RED/BLUE wires and seal off--you may want to check w/MSD on that. You could also hook up an LED light buy connecting one side to ARMING power and the other to ground YELLOW wire of MSD. When ON, RPM WINDOW=ACTIVE.

There are many ways to do this.

MSD RED : to arming switch power
MSD YELLOW->WOT SWITCH->PIN85 of NITROUS NOID relay; this will provide a ground loop to the relay on PIN85. PIN86 of the relay to ARMING power. Nitrous will therefore trigger when the WOT and WINDOW are active.
You only need one relay.
MSD BLACK: GROUND
MSD WHITE: PIN10 TACH INPUT; I don't think you can use that device directly connected to one coil wire; unsure but because you can't set it to 1 cylinder mode, don't think it will work that way so I would suggest using the TACH input from the PCM, solid white wire off PIN10 of RED connector.

RELAY:
PIN30: Fused battery power
PIN87: positive power to noids
PIN86: Arming Switch Power
PIN85: From WOT Switch which is supplied ground by MSD as indicated above.

To add a FPSS, just add it to the ground loop. example:
MSD YELLOW->WOT SWITCH->FPSS->PIN85 RELAY

Positive power on the relay on 85? WTF. I would replace it to make sure its good. That doesn't sound right.

hope that helps..
Old 09-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Launching!

Ok, I didn't have the blue/red cut , but still don't work , I think the msd is bad cause it won't show ground when active on the yellow wire , I can take the on side and put a wire in to cross I.t over and it works, on th e wot then, I have the e38 PCM not sure if that is the on u were talkin about tho , I'm gonna show u a wiring diagram I used , I actually retired it all yesterday to check myself still same thing tho
Old 09-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Launching!

http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewga...ewimg&id=58515

Quick Reply: msd window switch problems