Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous breaking up PROBLEMS NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous breaking up PROBLEMS NEED HELP

Okay I have posted this before and looking for help again. When I spray all it does it break up about 5k rpm or so and it goes way rich on the Wideband. I have messed with jetting from lean to rich with a 62n jet from as lean as 28 f to 52 f. Same result everytime. When reading the plugs they read good it still does it, when it reads rich it does it, when it reads lean it does it. It pops and cuts out like crazy so I was thinking blowing the spark out so gapped them to .26 still does it and they have been gapped at .35 plugs are BR7EF. So the only thing I have been told that someone could maybe think would be the problem would be bad coils, bad grounds, or plug wires. I have 1 ground from the motor mount to frame. Is it possible that I need to ground out the coil mounts to the head and run a new ground from the head to frame as well?? Any other suggestions ????
Old 06-25-2013, 04:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pate_2008
Okay I have posted this before and looking for help again. When I spray all it does it break up about 5k rpm or so and it goes way rich on the Wideband. I have messed with jetting from lean to rich with a 62n jet from as lean as 28 f to 52 f. Same result everytime. When reading the plugs they read good it still does it, when it reads rich it does it, when it reads lean it does it. It pops and cuts out like crazy so I was thinking blowing the spark out so gapped them to .26 still does it and they have been gapped at .35 plugs are BR7EF. So the only thing I have been told that someone could maybe think would be the problem would be bad coils, bad grounds, or plug wires. I have 1 ground from the motor mount to frame. Is it possible that I need to ground out the coil mounts to the head and run a new ground from the head to frame as well?? Any other suggestions ????
Hmm.
Ok tell me what you have system wise from the bottle to the plate or nozzle.

What is done to the motor mod wise as well as the fuel system?

Do you have a picture of the plug you say looks GOOD?

What is the bottle pressure doing on the pass?

What is your N/A timing VS your nitrous timing?

We will start here.
Dave
Old 06-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Hmm.
Ok tell me what you have system wise from the bottle to the plate or nozzle.

What is done to the motor mod wise as well as the fuel system?

Do you have a picture of the plug you say looks GOOD?

What is the bottle pressure doing on the pass?

What is your N/A timing VS your nitrous timing?

We will start here.
Dave
Okay I have a NOS brand bottle I have NOS big silnoids, I have a HSW 90 MM plate kit I have also tired a NOS brand nozzle and it doesn't work either, The fuel system has a aeromotive 340 had a racetronix 255 I just switched out the 340 holds better pressure WOT fuel pressure is at 57psi, bottle pressure is consistant during the pass 950-1000, I have tried a brand new set of NOS big silnoids as well. And NA timing I believe is 28*WOT if I remember correctly and I'm pulling 2* for every 50hp so 6* 150 shot. I don't have a pic of the plug but my friend who builds race engines for Stinnet Racing (world champion) I can trust as far as reading plugs and riding with me.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Launching!

Oh ya motor mods are what are in the sig
Old 06-25-2013, 04:57 PM
FormerVendor

Assuming your guy is reading the plugs correctly and your wide band is accurate you should not be having a nitrous or a fuel delivery issue. Otherwise that would show up on the wideband and the spark plug.

I would look at mechanical issues such as plug wires, cracked spark plug, or coil breaking down.

Dave
Old 06-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Launching!

Assuming your guy is reading the plugs correctly and your wide band is accurate you should not be having a nitrous or a fuel delivery issue. Otherwise that would show up on the wideband and the spark plug.

I would look at mechanical issues such as plug wires, cracked spark plug, or coil breaking down.

Dave
Okay yea I know all the plugs are good because I just put a set in. I'll try another set of coils and plug wires as well. Thank you for your imput.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:07 PM
FormerVendor

Are you making a shot Blast on a new plug, Then killing it instantly and yanking the plug to read?

Dave
Old 06-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Launching!

Are you making a shot Blast on a new plug, Then killing it instantly and yanking the plug to read?

Dave
yes you are correct I put a brand new set of plugs in all 8 then had another 8 to switch out after a pull and kill of the engine.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:11 PM
FormerVendor

Ok, cool.

Quick Reply: Nitrous breaking up PROBLEMS NEED HELP