Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSD rpm window switch 99 C5

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSD rpm window switch 99 C5

I need some help please. I'm trying to put a MSD rpm window switch on my 1999 C5. Is there anything special that I need to do, so it works correctly. I'm using it to engage and disengage my NX nitrous kit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2003, 12:21 AM
Launching!

Default Re: MSD rpm window switch 99 C5

Just did it;

1 Needs to be wired to 1.5 amp (red) power or run through a relay.

2 The Yellow wire(to solenoid ground) becomes the new new ground. So below the lower RPM there is no ground (open) and once you hit the lower RPM the window switch closes the ground (closed). When RPM reaches the the higher RPM setting the switch opens and there is no longer a ground to the solenoid (Open).

3 You can run the yellow wire (to solenoid ground) to a Fuel Pressure Safety Switch and out of the FPSS to the ground on the solenoid. That will open the ground if fuel pressure falls below what the FPSS is set to.

Good luck

Kobwo
Old 01-14-2003, 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually the yellow wire should be grounding a relay, and not the noids themselves.

Noids draw at least 8 amps, (some up to 20) and the MSD window switch is only rated for .5-1.5 amps.

Maybe i was misreading what you wrote, but if you do have the yellow to the ground of the noids, you may expierence a pulsating problem down the line.

Ryan.
Old 01-26-2003, 02:06 AM
Launching!

No you didn't misread. I'm looking at the directions right here. There is a wiring diagram for a relay and without. Without, the switch becomes the ground.