Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 nitrous set up opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 04:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 nitrous set up opinions...

I'm in the middle of installing a Nitrous Outlet 90mm plate kit on my C5. Car has HCI and did 460rwhp/415tq. Wanting to jet a 150 for a few roll on events coming up...

Im simple stupid, so Im not wanting to overboard with excess stuff thats not really needed like bottle openers, billet mounts, 5 gauges etc etc. So Im really just looking for advice/ opinions on how effective/safe this set up would be...Not so much what extra's I'm missing.

Nitrous outlet 90mm plate w/ 15lb bottle(w/ heater)
LPE LNC-2000
NOS mini controller(3000-6500 window)
NGK BR7EF's
Racetronix 255lph pump w/ voltage harness
100 octane fuel

I'll verify A/F and steady FP on a dyno when its done. Hoping for 580rwhp/600wtq...

How much timing do you recommend to pull? Old rule of thumb was 2* per 50hp shot...so I figured Im pulling 6* and going from there.

Im basically substituting the LNC-200, NOS controller and race fuel for having to re-tune the car. Im planning on keeping the tune thats in it(12.4 A/F NA tune) and using the LNC-2000 to yank timing and the wet kit to do its job w/ fuel...hahah if thats a bad idea, Im all ears.

Thanks
Old 10-14-2014, 05:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CarlostheBarbarian
I'm in the middle of installing a Nitrous Outlet 90mm plate kit on my C5. Car has HCI and did 460rwhp/415tq. Wanting to jet a 150 for a few roll on events coming up...

Im simple stupid, so Im not wanting to overboard with excess stuff thats not really needed like bottle openers, billet mounts, 5 gauges etc etc. So Im really just looking for advice/ opinions on how effective/safe this set up would be...Not so much what extra's I'm missing.

Nitrous outlet 90mm plate w/ 15lb bottle(w/ heater)
LPE LNC-2000
NOS mini controller(3000-6500 window)
NGK BR7EF's
Racetronix 255lph pump w/ voltage harness
100 octane fuel

I'll verify A/F and steady FP on a dyno when its done. Hoping for 580rwhp/600wtq...

How much timing do you recommend to pull? Old rule of thumb was 2* per 50hp shot...so I figured Im pulling 6* and going from there.

Im basically substituting the LNC-200, NOS controller and race fuel for having to re-tune the car. Im planning on keeping the tune thats in it(12.4 A/F NA tune) and using the LNC-2000 to yank timing and the wet kit to do its job w/ fuel...hahah if thats a bad idea, Im all ears.

Thanks
That sounds like a good plan. Sounds like its a little rich on motor but you can make up for that with jetting. Don't forget to get a purge kit as well. Feel free to give me a call!
Old 10-14-2014, 05:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

What kind of timing do you have?
Old 10-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
That sounds like a good plan. Sounds like its a little rich on motor but you can make up for that with jetting. Don't forget to get a purge kit as well. Feel free to give me a call!
Yeah for one reason or another, its where it made the most power. Thanks...yeah I'll need a few more pieces, Ill holler for sure.

What kind of timing do you have?
Just had it re-tuned...not positive exactly where its at. I'll verify, but should be in the normal ball park, was tuned on 91 in 110* weather...not sure it could be obscene. I will check though. Thanks

Quick Reply: C5 nitrous set up opinions...