Sponsored by:

Dry shot, few questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dry shot, few questions

Hi everyone,

So I had a zex dry kit laying around and decided to put it on my 2000 z28. I'm going to run a 100shot. I plan on a Dyno tune once everything is installed. I currently have a single spray nozzle. Where should I mount it on my slp lid? Should I invest in a halo spray bar from nitrous outlet? Or will a single nozzle spraying in the lid be ok. Any info or advice on dry nitrous will be appreciated, thx
Old 08-01-2015, 02:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

So you're gonna spray with no tune and no timing pulled? What mods, plugs, and injectors do you have?
Old 08-01-2015, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
So you're gonna spray with no tune and no timing pulled? What mods, plugs, and injectors do you have?
No I plan on spraying with a proper tune.

Mods include slp lid, ls6 intake,228r cam, 3200 stall, LTs, ORY to cut out. Stock injectors and ngk plugs. I plan on changing the plugs for spraying. May upgrade injectors if needed? What's a good upgrade for injectors if I need them?
Old 08-01-2015, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

You'll definitely need to upgrade the injectors with a dry kit. Personally I'd step up to some 42's so you'll have some room to grow
Old 08-03-2015, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
You'll definitely need to upgrade the injectors with a dry kit. Personally I'd step up to some 42's so you'll have some room to grow
Any recommendations on where to buy them for the best price?

Also still looking for insight on where to mount the nozzle. If anyone has a picture id appreciate it!
Old 08-03-2015, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You can find good deals on here in the classified section regarding injectors. So many going turbo, seems like there's always a plethora of 42/44lb/hr injectors on the market. Just to reiterate on what HCI2000SS said, you WILL need injectors for a dry setup.

I would invest in the Halo Bar if I were you. I remember researching the hell out of it a few years ago. I doubt it would be all that expensive, and the distribution of the nitrous is going to be far better than you'll see from a nozzle. You could also post in the "parts wanted" section that you want one. Never know, one may turn up.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:40 PM
FormerVendor

I would put our X series system up against any entry level system. The tune ups and power you will put down will really be untouched by that zex system. Not including the tech help we offer.

I would really recommend a wet system since you are running the factory pcm. You could sell that system and put the money from the injectors towards a new system that will be ready to go out of the box.

If you do not have Hp Tuners and you are not savy with it. The learning curve is going to be a lot harder than having a tuner throw in a good motor tune on the car. Where you can make the adjustments necessary (fuel jet) when the weather changes for the nitrous.

For a dry and to do it right, you will really want to have an aftermarket ECU and have the individual injector control.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:07 PM
FormerVendor

You do need bigger injectors for sure. Also, for a good halo system check this out. It's designed to go in the lid of your air intake box, and can be hidden pretty easily. If you have any questions about it, let me know!

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/nitrous...ter-entry.html

Old 08-04-2015, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AJatNitrousOutlet
I would put our X series system up against any entry level system. The tune ups and power you will put down will really be untouched by that zex system. Not including the tech help we offer. I would really recommend a wet system since you are running the factory pcm. You could sell that system and put the money from the injectors towards a new system that will be ready to go out of the box. If you do not have Hp Tuners and you are not savy with it. The learning curve is going to be a lot harder than having a tuner throw in a good motor tune on the car. Where you can make the adjustments necessary (fuel jet) when the weather changes for the nitrous. For a dry and to do it right, you will really want to have an aftermarket ECU and have the individual injector control.

Would a wet kit not require upgraded injectors for a 100shot? Just wondering what's all entailed
Old 08-04-2015, 10:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

A wet kit will not tax the injector like a dry setup, so you may be ok
Old 08-04-2015, 11:11 AM
FormerVendor

Like HCi2000SS said, you will add the fuel through the nozzle vs the injectors. It is more cost effective for your set-up to run a wet system.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Transambrandon
Would a wet kit not require upgraded injectors for a 100shot? Just wondering what's all entailed
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/20421-...lb-bottle.html

This is a really nice system we sell that will work awesome for 100 shot. (Should be able to sell your zex system for a couple hundred bucks and pick this one up pretty easily, and not be out much money.) It would be very easy to install and the LS motors have a place to tap in for fuel on the rail. from the factory, so it would be a very easy install for you.

Really the only thing you have to worry about with your setup(on a wet system), is a big enough fuel pump to supply fuel for both the nitrous system and the motor, the injectors do not factor in. If this setup is stock, or very close to stock, you can add 100 on the factory pump with no issues.

Could you tell us a little bit more about your setup? Mods and such?

Also if you need pricing on this system or have anymore direct questions please feel free to shoot me a PM.

Thanks,
Garrett
Old 08-05-2015, 07:53 PM
11 Second Club

Another option. If you are going to buy a halo/plate/whatever, Why don't you pick up a couple noids(fuel and nitrous), use your bottle and line and piece your own kit togather. Im sure either of these guys will put togather a kit minus the bottle for you. I installed a Zex kit on an LT1 car some years back and didn't like it at all. Besides, by the time you buy a good set of injectors you could buy the parts to build a wet kit
Old 08-05-2015, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

I put my dry kit up for sale in hopes to get enough money to purchase a wet kit. If I can't sell it,I will get the necessary parts to make a wet kit.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

So I assume you could convert the Halo bar kit into a wet kit?
Old 08-06-2015, 09:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

We have these dry-to-wet conversions that make things really easy.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/efi-nit...nversions.html
Old 08-06-2015, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

How does that conversion to wet work? Would it use my current nitrous management unit from zex ? Sorry I'm new to nitrous and never have done a wet kit.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I would get rid of the zex box entirely.You can't beat our X-Series systems when it comes to bang for your buck! Or just buy the solenoids and a window switch.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We get alot of calls with problems from the Zex box, actually. Might try to sell your current setup and pick up a new system and you would probably only be out a couple hundred bucks. Mixing and matching parts can become a pain.

Just my .02$

-Garrett

Quick Reply: Dry shot, few questions