Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Install Time?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Install Time?

What kind of install time am I looking at to install the nx maff kit and gen-x2 kit and spark plugs? Or is it worth $350 to have someone install?
Old 06-16-2004, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

350 is not a bad price to pay to have all that installed if its someone you can trust, just make sure they change all the plugs and dont leave the #8 in, but you could easily do it yourself it would probally take a good day to install depending on the person installing it,
Old 06-16-2004, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Depends on how handy you are. You're better off blocking off a day or two on a weekend, so you can take your time. If you like working on your car, it's time well spent. That way if you have issues or want to make upgrades later, you'll know how to fix it yourself.

If not, then I'd say that's a fair price for plugs and the kit.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:52 PM
11 Second Club

It took me about 3 1/2 hours to do my plugs the FIRST TIME....probably take 2 TOPS this time around...

Nitrous install took about 2 hours...first time...should be down a ton this time...

I would say, DO IT YOURSELF...its fun, rewarding and not really all that hard...just tkae you time, keep your 350 and have that feeling of accomplishmet when you get it done!
Old 06-17-2004, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 70Stang
It took me about 3 1/2 hours to do my plugs the FIRST TIME....probably take 2 TOPS this time around...

Nitrous install took about 2 hours...first time...should be down a ton this time...

I would say, DO IT YOURSELF...its fun, rewarding and not really all that hard...just tkae you time, keep your 350 and have that feeling of accomplishmet when you get it done!

I agree with you all Im going to to do it my self Thanks for the input. By the way where can I get some instructions cause I didn’t get any in my kit?
Old 06-17-2004, 02:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Instructions/main.htm

that should help

Ryan
Old 06-17-2004, 04:13 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been having a friend help me out with the same system...will probably have over 10 hours in doing it RIGHT....all connecitons soldered, wire loom ran properly , also using genx2 kit AND bottle opener, switch panel (interior has to come apart), doing everything right.....if I could get it done THAT way for $350, I would do it in a heart beat...My friend is a professional mechanic and just did blower, heads, cam nitrous on a 2000 T/A, and has done a ton f work on my car before so he knows LS1's...and it still is going to be 10+ hours of labor...with me helping on occasion...and I have done two previous installs myself on my LPE vette....DOn't listen to the guys that say 2-3 hours, thats if you want to make it look like poop and not do it right....also remember this .......EVERYONE ON THE INTERNET LIES ABOUT HOW LONG IT TAKES TO DO SOMETHING AND HOW FAST THEIR CAR IS!!!!!

BUT>....my friend paind $400 for an install, and blew his air box the first time out (1995 LT1 vette , they left the stock platiunum plugs in)....and the install sucked.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:44 PM
11 Second Club

EVERYONE ON THE INTERNET LIES ABOUT HOW LONG IT TAKES TO DO SOMETHING AND HOW FAST THEIR CAR IS!!!!!
My car went a best of 12.4@116 and it took me 3 1/2 hours to change my spark plugs...You think I am lying...WHY WOULD I LIE ABOUT THAT???

Oh and if it is seriously taking a MECHANIC more then 10 hours to do a nitrous install...well he is a terrible mechanic.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can do it faster if you know what your doing, or have practice, i've done many installs on 4th gen cars, and have done almost all the wiring for all of my friends setups... i can wire a full f-car in less than 1hour for nx heater, purge, kit, opener, switchpanel, all in split loom. however, it does help, that i make a plug and play harness. About 40 minutes of bench work to build it, using all packard connectors, and weatherpack fuseholder/disconnects, and proper relay sockets.

Attached is a pic of one such harness... makes the install go MUCH faster...

Let me look for the
thats if you want to make it look like poop and not do it right
pics of 70stangs setup.

Ryan.
Attached Thumbnails Install Time?-nxharness.jpg  
Old 06-17-2004, 09:02 PM
11 Second Club

Ryan's wiring harness is the greatest thing ever.

Thanks agian for all the help man!!!