Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Oxide Systems Mini 2 stage Progressive Controller setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nitrous Oxide Systems Mini 2 stage Progressive Controller setup

I have a 100 shot with hard lines, remote bottle opener, bottle warmer, etc. Car is an LS2 Cadillac CTS-V full weight, with LS3 top end. Car makes 500/500 on mustang dyno on spray. Car is on M&H Racemaster drag radials and it is a 6 speed stick shift. I cannot run a bias ply or any other wheel pretty much, because car is a 6 lug with brembos and i'd need to basically do a **** ton of conversion to get that to happen... and its more effort than I'd care to do atm.

Best run has been 12.4 @ 114 all motor last season, and I duplicated that today in a bit worse DA and with a worse 60. Car is tuned for 100 shot. All of my spray runs have had 1 issue or another... Either the launch has sucked, or the car has spun, etc.

I have a NOS Mini 2 stage Progressive Controller. I am only using single stage, but this is the controller I have. I wanted to know if anyone had used this and had tips on settings, etc.

I finally skewed my settings like this:

1. Activation RPM - 4200
2. Deactivation RPM - 6500
3. Delay Time - 0.0
4. Start % - 20%
5. Ramp Time - 2.0

Is this pretty good? Should I add delay in time and reduce ramp or keep same, etc? Problem is I couldn't test it because the bottle was already getting empty by the time I figured all this out and how to program this thing. Thanks guys. Any info helps
Old 06-26-2016, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Try this:

delay: 0.7
start: 30% Do not go lower than this
build: 0.8

If this works, start lowering the delay until it spins then go back. If it still spins increase the delay. Then begin lowering the build time after the delay is figured out.

Being a stick car on a radial you will need some wheel speed and the tire hooked before you shock it even worse with the spray.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

I'd kill for a slick, but I'd have to go to the moon and back or delete the brembos, and do full hubs, calipers, etc, to get a 5 lug on there AND have brake clearance. I have to deal with a radial for now.

First outing, I thought I had entered the ramp time, but didn't notice the start was still full hit. Ramp from full hit to full hit, like a genius. I broke tires loose for about half the track... LOL

The delay works once:
Car is at WOT
Car is above activation RPM

Correct?
7 tenths delay, 30% start, 8 tenths ramp time up to 100%... I'll give that a try. Car makes 405\395 all motor, traps 115. Makes 500\506 on 100 shot. What should I be seeing for trap, in your opinion... all things equal and considered? Vehicle is full weight 4 door.

No reason to go higher than 30% on start, or should I just leave that as is?

Last edited by odthetruth; 06-26-2016 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Correct.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ideally, you want to keep your ramp as short as you can without getting spin on the rear tires. Most cars can get away with .7-1.0 second, but you may need to play with it to find out what your car likes. When you stretch out a ramp time, it keeps your solenoids pulsing, causing variations in the tune-up- so the faster you can get them to 100% the better off your tune and your pass will be. I generally start people at .8 second and 20-40% depending on how large of a hit they're spraying. For 100, I'd start at 40 or maybe even 50% and ramp it in pretty quick- you shouldn't have to much spin on a hit that size-
Old 06-28-2016, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by AJatNitrousOutlet
Ideally, you want to keep your ramp as short as you can without getting spin on the rear tires. Most cars can get away with .7-1.0 second, but you may need to play with it to find out what your car likes. When you stretch out a ramp time, it keeps your solenoids pulsing, causing variations in the tune-up- so the faster you can get them to 100% the better off your tune and your pass will be. I generally start people at .8 second and 20-40% depending on how large of a hit they're spraying. For 100, I'd start at 40 or maybe even 50% and ramp it in pretty quick- you shouldn't have to much spin on a hit that size-
Thanks for the reassurance and the information. I'm running you guys' kit for the 06 CTS-V with hard lines, etc. I'll be upping from 100 to 150 soon. Good to see the info provided. Thanks
Old 06-29-2016, 09:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Thanks for the reassurance and the information. I'm running you guys' kit for the 06 CTS-V with hard lines, etc. I'll be upping from 100 to 150 soon. Good to see the info provided. Thanks
No problem! Let me know if you need anything and I'll do all I can to help you out!

Quick Reply: Nitrous Oxide Systems Mini 2 stage Progressive Controller setup