Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bottle heater question

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bottle heater question

i have a bottle heater that i got from ramchargers. i cant remember the brand but i believe it might be NOS. Anyways i hear about people running 1050 psi or even 1100 psi. with my thermostat connected i can only see 950 psi. then if i take the thermostat off to get it a little hotter, the lead wire on the bottle heater will start to get really hot and melt.

How do you guys run 1100 psi with out the lead wire of your bottle heater melting?

this is on a NOS 5177 kit and a 15lb bottle.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

I think your crossing 2 different subjects. Your saying with your Thermostat connected your only seeing 950psi, PSI is pounds per square inch, not tempurature. The heater gets hot to raise the bottle pressure, but the temp of the heater isnt the main concern, You need to get a bottle pressure gauge and use that to read PSI. I also have a 15lb bottle and normally when my bottle is at full PSI, the top part of the bottle is only warm to the touch, with the bottle warmer on the lower half. THe bottle heater itself is too hot to really put your hand on.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Teching In

thanks for the quick reply, and i didnt explain myself very well. i have a pressure gauge on the bottle. my problem is that when the bottle heater warms up it makes the bottle pressure increase to 950 psi max. after this the bottle heater turns off because the thermostat is designed to turn off at a certain point. to increase bottle pressure to 1100 psi the bottle heater thermostat must be taken off but when you take the thermostat off the bottle heater gets too hot.

what sort of technique do you use to get the bottle to 1100 psi? ill try watching the bottle, and as soon as it gets to 1100 psi ill turn off the bottle heater so that the lead wire doesnt get too hot. the only problem with this is you cant check the bottle pressure while you are driving.

sorry if im confusing, and thanks for the quick reply
Old 05-03-2005, 12:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So maybe you want to get a higher temp thermostat
and a pressure switch too, thermostat for safety and
switch for setpoint.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:42 AM
TECH Addict

Dynotune makes an adjustable regulator which will allow the heater to remain on longer to raise the pressure to the desired level.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:00 AM
11 Second Club

Im running a NX auto bottle heater, and it keeps my bottle at 1100, i never had to change anything on it. And my kit is a NOS 5177