Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling BMN !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 10:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Calling BMN !!

I've emailed and sent PM to BMN with no response. Anyone who can shed some light on this situation...? If no takers, I'll get up with Nitro Dave my vendor when the time is right, but considering what Dave is dealing with i'm asking for help elsewhere...
I have a Zex Wet N20 controller and have purchased a BMN Nitro Controller with 1st lock out switch...simple question that is not addressed in the wiring instructions.
Since Zex and other kits now use 5 vdc at the MAF instead of a WOT switch to trigger the solenoids in the controller box, do I switch ground for the ZEX controller with a relay thus allowing the Zex controller box to power up in the window? This is as opposed to switching the the solenoids' ground as NOS etc kits do? It seems like the only way to wire it?
(Dead Guy Ale)
Old 05-27-2005, 01:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

BMN will get to you, and one of the best wiring guys on the board.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:03 AM
BMN
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about the delay. I was under the impression that my partner already got back to your email. (DSL was out for a few) Here is the ZEX->BMN wire diagram. You basicly cut the power to the ZEX kit. We tested cutting the ground, but the opperation of the ZEX box got flakey. It some how found a partial path to ground so it is not suggested.
Attached Thumbnails Calling BMN !!-bmn-zex.jpg  

Last edited by BMN; 05-27-2005 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:10 AM
10 Second Club

Default BMN to the rescue...

Life lesson: Patience is always neccessary. For the EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE..I have to say thank you to Bill at BMN...Dave and co at Nitro Daves as well...thanks. We will get this installed and report on performance in the near future. As for tonight...purge>throttle>manual switch on!!
Old 05-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the compliment Robert56!

Macon,
That was my fault on the delay getting back to. I forgot the fact that Bill's DSL was on the fritz for a bit. Keep us aprised of the installation situation!

Mike