Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FPSS Location

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 01:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FPSS Location

I have a NX FPSS and it says to install it directy into the N20 solenoid. I was wondering if I could just mount in on the end of my fuel rail as space is a little limited around the solenoids. Is this cool or bad idea?
Old 08-16-2005, 01:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have mine there, and have used that spot before. I have a NX install manual and it says to mount near fuel pump, or at least before regulator. Now I don't know what kit/car this manual is for, but remember it saying this.
Robert
Old 08-16-2005, 01:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Robert56
I have mine there, and have used that spot before. I have a NX install manual and it says to mount near fuel pump, or at least before regulator. Now I don't know what kit/car this manual is for, but remember it saying this.
Robert
Thanks Rob. On the fuel rail it goes...
Old 08-16-2005, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LoWeLL216
I have a NX FPSS and it says to install it directy into the N20 solenoid. I was wondering if I could just mount in on the end of my fuel rail as space is a little limited around the solenoids. Is this cool or bad idea?
i sure hope you dont put it on the nitrous noid....

i dont know why you wouldnt want it as close to the fuel noid as possible to assure adequate flow throughout the system instead of just by the pump or before the regulator thats like getting false readings. put it right at the fuel rail is the norm.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Robert
A pressure safety switch before the regulator? That manual needs some serious revision...what little value a FPSS may hold would be defeated, and it would surely be absolutely worthless in that configuration....
Old 08-16-2005, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

My previous post was for a low pressure system.

The NX EFI fpss is in fact suggested to go directly on the fuel noid using the supplied blue manifold, according to directions I have. Maybe one of the NX guys can comment.
Robert
Old 08-16-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
A pressure safety switch before the regulator? That manual needs some serious revision...what little value a FPSS may hold would be defeated, and it would surely be absolutely worthless in that configuration....
On a low press system NX states:
"The best location for fpss is at the outlet side of the of the fuel pump...This location will allow instantaneous n2o sys shutdown is case of fuel pump failure. The next best location would be on the high-press side of the fuel press regulator...
Robert
Old 08-17-2005, 12:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=hourang]i sure hope you dont put it on the nitrous noid....

Fuel noid...
Old 08-17-2005, 07:02 AM
TECH Junkie

On a low press system NX states:
"The best location for fpss is at the outlet side of the of the fuel pump...This location will allow instantaneous n2o sys shutdown is case of fuel pump failure. The next best location would be on the high-press side of the fuel press regulator...
Robert
Line pressure from the fuel pump to the regulator would have to bleed down before an "instantaneous shutdown" would occur, that would occur before you saw a dip in the low pressure side of the regulator....Going by that theory that would be a good location in a carb application. But no matter a low pressure system is not applicable in this case anyway.

Last edited by cantdrv65; 08-17-2005 at 07:08 AM.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
Line pressure from the fuel pump to the regulator would have to bleed down before an "instantaneous shutdown" would occur, that would occur before you saw a dip in the low pressure side of the regulator....Going by that theory that would be a good location in a carb application. But no matter a low pressure system is not applicable in this case anyway.
No not applicable in this case, however, info was put out there anyway because some run a low pressure dedicated fuel system on EFI rides.
Robert