Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shift point? IAT? with 100dry shot

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 07:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shift point? IAT? with 100dry shot

Nitrous newbee here, Couple questions. Thinking about running 100dry shot.

1) Will my shift points change?
(I'm thinking that they should stay the same just get there quicker? Currently there set at 6750RPM. I have edit & have to use MPH to adjust them due to its a 98.)

2)Does anyone make a IAT/resistor kit?
(I would like to set up a relay using the IAT system / resistor so when I spray I can pull some timing & richen up the tune for a fixed temp. Then when I don't spray my IAT works normally. I think I can put one together but does anyone sell it?)

Thanks
Old 11-29-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slacker
1) Will my shift points change?
(I'm thinking that they should stay the same just get there quicker? Currently there set at 6750RPM. I have edit & have to use MPH to adjust them due to its a 98.)
2)Does anyone make a IAT/resistor kit?
(I would like to set up a relay using the IAT system / resistor so when I spray I can pull some timing & richen up the tune for a fixed temp. Then when I don't spray my IAT works normally. I think I can put one together but does anyone sell it?)

Generally the fastest shift RPM will drop about 500 RPM from where you were NA, but the only way to know for sure is to do the test with your car. By nature of the way nitrous is delivered it shifts power down favoring lower RPM.

You do not have to buy anything. When you spray dry through the MAF the PCM will automatically reduce your timing. The higher MAF reading at a lower RPM puts you into the higher load cells on the timing tables. This gives you less total timing (retard) while on the bottle.

If you're new to spraying through the MAF, be sure to remove the screens first.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

two ways for your timing, one is to use your tune and it will only pull timing while spraying, dry only, full write up on how to do this in my web in the links. Iat tricker is another way, also a couple schematics and info in my web in links. timing tuner is a wet heads best friend.
Robert
Old 12-02-2005, 06:21 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the information, Plan on doing a dual dry nozzle kit in a few months. For a single dry nozzle where do you guys been putting it? Opposite of the IAT sensor?

Thanks again
Old 12-02-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Depends on what kit, what nozzle and how many nozzles. Iat isn't the considerrating factor but rather the MAF.
Robert
Old 12-02-2005, 06:57 PM
11 Second Club

I understand that it needs to forward of the MAF & a good location so it can properly mix with the air going past the MAF. I was just wondering where would a single dry kit nozzle be placed. I have seen many dual dry nozzles which they are located at each end of the lid. So with a single dry nozzle kit do you just put it in one end of the lid? or in the throat of the lid just foward of the MAF?

Thanks for help
Old 12-02-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

A single fan 90* spary can go where it works best for install. Try to stay away from directly hitting MAF at a to close of spot choice. If close you can turn spray pattern to compansate. what air box you using?
robert
Old 12-04-2005, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

I'm using a whisper lid, Thinking about putting the nozzle in the driver/aft side of the lid almost on the end & spraying twards the pax side so when it goes by the opening for the MAF it will get good staturation? What do you think? I really like the looks of the wet kits, but I just want to run 100shot & Place the soleniod next to the TB. Im hoping to get low 11's. I want to do rod bolts first, I've been spinning this engine up to 6800 for awhile now.

Thanks for all your help.

Quick Reply: shift point? IAT? with 100dry shot