Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 install??

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 install??

I have a bunch of nitrous parts left over from years of running juice on my snowmobile drag sleds. Think I can put together a useable wet "kit" for my C5? I'd like to end up with about a 100 hp shot. I have a few NOS funnel jet foggers ( I think they can be adapted for flare jets), a 10 lb bottle, 4 2 1/2 lb bottles a couple of NOS super powershot solenoids, relays and lines. What type activation switch will I need? Some type of "window switch" has been refered to on various forums-is that what I need for the C5 which has no throttle cable? Thanks-Chuck.

Last edited by c5chines; 05-24-2006 at 01:13 PM. Reason: added info
Old 05-24-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

You will want a window switch, fuel pressure safety switch. Some say to use a WOT switch under the pedal. But the ECM can close the throttle with your foot on the floor. A TPS switch will read the voltage at the throttle body so it will konw if the throttle is wide open or not. You can find some products that combine a TPS and a Window Switch. Don't forget colder plugs, and a good nitrous filter. TR6 plugs seem to be what most use gaped around .036-.038.

A nitrous pressure & fuel pressure gauge in the drivers view are very good to have and a wide band if you can afford it.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I definately would get the elec wot switch and a window switch, Tr6 plugs are a must.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Save your money on the TPS and just get and mount a wot sw like below, a couple bucks at Radio Hack. The vast majority of Z06 and C5 owners use this set up under the throttle pedal and I have never heard of or seen the throttle closed when wot. I think it's just rumor/hearsay concerning the vettes. Now, there may be an issue with the throttle closing due to torque management on the GTO's, but even that is still in debate. Yes, get a window sw also, and I like the FPSS, but many have issues with calibration. Now if you get a ws with a tps included, then it's fine. Go to the Nitrous Direct site and there is an Install video for insight. If you need any tech, pm me, and check my web site out for vette/nitrous stuff. Good luck and have fun.

Robert
Old 05-25-2006, 07:06 AM
Teching In

Default Nitrous??

Thanks, guys!! Good info. Chuck.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Launching!

buy a FJO controller and it will include a TPS, window and progressive controller

JEFF
Old 05-25-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99SLOWC5
buy a FJO controller and it will include a TPS, window and progressive controller

JEFF
Or you can get an FJO wide band it has a TPS, and window switch + you can monitor and data log, but even better it will shut the nitrous system down if it gets too rich or too lean.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I prefer to use a TPS for the drive by wires. On the newer styles there is a difference in time of that the throttle peddle can go down versus the opening of the throttle blade. Not sure about the older models. Never heard of the same problem on them.

WE carry a window switch with Built in TPS and any gear lock out feture. Pluss if you add a second stage in the future it will work two stages. Its only 129.00 and well worth the money.

Check it out.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...product_id=964
Old 05-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Default C5 nitrous

OK, just wondering what happens if the traction control kicks in while running the nitrous? Does the nitrous drop out or keep feeding? Trying to cover all the bases here. Thanks again-Chuck.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by c5chines
OK, just wondering what happens if the traction control kicks in while running the nitrous? Does the nitrous drop out or keep feeding? Trying to cover all the bases here. Thanks again-Chuck.
Turn the TC off prior to use.

Here is a pic of the switch Dave is taking about, its two stage. This is not the one that is progressive but it does have the gear lockout.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nitro Dave's custom window switch (P# 908) is real popular here in Houston, every car I get in wants it, they all really like how it works, and the any-gear lock out option.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Restricted User

If you dont kill the TC the nitrous will continue to spray, you will be on way reduced timing during TC input feed. I have done this once I think and it wasnt nice. The timing kills the rpms quick, so if you have a WS of any sort it would be beneficial there.