Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purge line

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Purge line

What hardware are you guy's using to purge the nitrous out of the car? copper, hard plastic? And where did you purchase the material? I have the NX iceman noids....if that helps.

I have a C5 vette and want the purge to exit the middle of the windshield. Does anyone have a write-up on how to run the line? Can I exit the car from under the plastic where the windshield wipers are? Can I avoid drilling a hole?

Thanks for the help in advance!
Old 06-20-2006, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Brake line from autozone with a compression fitting for the end works fine. What I did to get it out the cowl by the windshield was to take one of the plastic retainers out of the rubber piece by the cowl and run the purge line through the hole that the retainer was in.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would run just a regular -3 braided nitrous line from the purge solinoid up to the middle of the window. on the other purge end I would put a male to male 3 AN union so that you can cap the purge line at the end. It will keep water from getting in the purge line when you wash the car or if it rains. It makes a nice purge cloud to. Ill post a pic later.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

ran the black macroline but did drill one hole. ran it under my passenger side fuel rail cover and pulled it out from the back side(against firewall). i removed the center pin from the windshield wiper cover and ran the hose through the existing hole. this location would be fine but i wanted mine to crest the windshield when i purged instead of straight up to drilled one hole and routed it that way. look on corvetteforum in the fi/nitrous section in the purge thread.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:17 AM
Banned

Im running 3/16 aluminum line for my purge
Old 06-21-2006, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for all the help and ideas guys!!