Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I finally did it!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 02:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I finally did it!

I sprayed my car for the first time today. I've never experenced nitrous before today but I'm pretty sure I have a few things to work out. When it hit (100hp jets @1000psi in the bottle) it felt like a bump instead of a hit. I didnt have 50hp pills so I decided to use the 100hp jets and ease into it in 3rd gear and with the TT set to come on @3250 RPM. I was using a fuel jet that was one, maybe two sizes too big (52N & 29F). I have a fairly new Racetronix pump but had no way to monitor my fuel pressure under load only in neutral with the hood up so I got professional advice to go slightly under rated on fuel pressure and jet it for 55-58psi rather than the normal 60. All that may have an effect on the power output but I think the real problem may be some trash in my nitrous filter.I noticed when I open the bottle valve and purge the air out I can wait about 5 seconds and purge again and I get air for about 2-3 seconds at least and then I see a faint cloud that gets cloudier the longer I hold the solenoid open. I dont think this is normal , my bottle has 8#'s in it and I made sure the siphon tube is positioned correctly. Does anyone know if you can take apart the CFN in line filters, it looks like you can to me. Just wanted to get some ideas, thanks.

Hummer

Last edited by WS6HUMMER; 07-09-2006 at 08:02 PM.