Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shift knob button

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shift **** button

Thinking about getting nitrous. I was wondering if anyone has seen a really bad A** switch set up with an arm switch and a button indented on the top of the shift **** like the go-baby-go switch in Gone in Sixty Seconds.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

haha dude this isnt some fast and the furious or some movie... get a switch panel with more than one switch(b/c you will need more than just and arm) and get it done that way...
Old 11-03-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by transamfreak01
haha dude this isnt some fast and the furious or some movie... get a switch panel with more than one switch(b/c you will need more than just and arm) and get it done that way...
Old 11-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Launching!

sorry to hijack but, i was thinkin the same thing about the hurst **** with the button on it. is anyone running a switch panel for the arm, opener, heater, purge, etc. and using the button on the **** to spray? it seems like it would be a nice set-up because you can let off the spray just before you shift. my next car is gonna be a nitrous car so thats why im asking. thanks.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a small push button in the center if my shift ****. I don't use it to activate the system. I use it to keep the system off when ever traction is a problem like 1st gear. Whenever I hold the button down it keeps the spray off.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Banned

If I remember my F body days, the pushbutton **** was a mechanical lock release. If it is, you can put a micro switch on the post below however you'd also be "unlocked" to shove it into another gear. eeek.
Put in a window switch and let it do the on/off. Then your 'arm' switch can be put away somewhere unseen.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:41 PM
TECH Resident

I have seen some shifters with buttons online somewhere.. look around and youll find one. I use a moroso coil cable and a taylor ignition roll control button for mine, electrical tapes and heat shrinked.. looks decent and is easy enough to hold in my hand while steering as well.

-Lurius