Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Favorite Brand for the money nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 01:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Favorite Brand for the money nitrous

All right so my plan is to get a 150 shot on a budget and just wanted to be sure what kit or way to spray is the best if 150 is the max ever.

I have read that the plate kits are great and will definitely support that size of the shot, but was wondering about the safe margins for wet, dry or plate kit.

I know that this is a noob question, but I am on a budget and dont want to be wasting money on an expensive kit if I dont need it. Nitrous outlet, nos, and tnt seem to be very popular but, I am looking for the best for the price as far as reliability and everything goes.

And here is a separate reply from another board concerning plate kits.

Now as far as safety goes I will not skimp on any of the necessary parts for me to run the shot safely it just seems that everyone just loves the plate kits on these boards because everyone uses them with great success and I was even looking for maybe another alternative that would also suffice for my goal of 150 and I know the plate can do that but, I would like to see the options. And he only reason for the mail order tune is that vengeance seems to be a pretty reputable company and are still the closest shop I would trust with my car but, that is still a 6 to 7 hour drive for a bottle install.

Believe me, I have been drooling over the deals nitro dave has and even the brand x kits its.

Here is the thread of wet vs dry on ls1tech.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/removed-locked-thread-graveyard/626209-dry-vs-wet.html

Please let me know what yall think. I know this is sort of a beginner question with nitrous, but your input is appreciated.

Edit:I forgot to mention that this will be going into a bolt on 2005 m6 with ls2 and fly by wire
robbinthehood is online now Report Post

Now flat out for the money and reliability what is the bang for the buck kit.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried to make a budget kit...but it ended up getting expensive.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Honestly, like most things in life you get what you pay for.

All the components are competitevly priced (bottles, silenoids ext.) I would call Nitrous dave, tell him your budget and see what he can do for you. His "Brand X" kits are about as budget as you get and Dave stands by his products so you know it isn't low quality.

Now, for an M6 i would recommend that you not skimp on the safety features. A WOT, Window switch, fpss are mandatory IMO. Many vendors might cut these out in order to reduce the price of the kit. This is a recipe for disaster IMO. Good luck, and enjoy the nitrous.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:12 AM
8 second mod

i see this one going real well
Old 07-22-2008, 07:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the kits out there are competetively priced like stated above. You are going to have to drop some money to get in the game. With all the accessories like bottle warmer, window switch, fpss, you are gonna probably spend $600 or $700 bucks. Nos, nx, nitro dave, all makes really good kits. Dont try to save a few bucks here or there, it will hurt you in the long run.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Teching In

Haha no guys Im not going to skimp over the safety features I was just wondering how the experience is with each company. I am mainly focusing on tnt and dont worry gauges tps all he safety things will be bought as wel.

Not trying to start a vendor war either but, for the money just wondered how everybody stacked up.

Sorry for the confusion guys

Thanks,
Will
Old 07-22-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

No biggie. Mine nitr4ous setup is a bastard setup, consists of several companies. Plate is a nos, solenoids are cold fusion, heater is dynotune. They are all good companies. My plate jetted to 150 made 148 at the wheels. I would call nitro dave and see what he can do on a kit for you. I have heard only good things about them.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i have never used a window switch or any safety features other than timing retard..... the rest is comon sence if you ask me! dont spray below 2,500 rpms, use a micro switch or button if you have a automatic, dont spray over a 150 shot unless you get a better fuel pump, dont spray into or past your rev limiter..... all these bells and whistles are cool and make it a little easier maybe but i wouldnt concider that you must have them or you arent running a safe nitrous setup! dont go too lean and run a cooler spark plug!
Old 07-22-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Addict

I pieced mine together off ebay and various friends. The new stuff I bought from Nitrous Outlet. I would have bought everything for them but I was trying to do a cheap kit on my own and save some money.

I have about a grand wrapped up in the WHOLE set up. That may seem like a lot, but when you figure I have 2 custom painted bottles, 2 860 Bottle heater/brackets, Mallory 685, custome standalone, wideband, dualstage windowswitch w/first gear lockout, and purge, thats not that bad of a price.

It helps to be in the right place at the right time.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Any advice on fuel setup guys? Would a boost a pump supply the needed amount or even if some nights Im just running around a 100 shot. 150 to 175 max in the future.

I usually want the bells and whistles, those are cheaper than an ls2 from a stupid mistake.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:43 PM
12 Second Club

I like my HSW stuff. Their prices are good and I've had two of their kits so far, a dry kit and a plate kit, and both have performed flawlessly. I just run a Walbro in tank pump and that's fine for my setup.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by robbinthehood
Any advice on fuel setup guys? Would a boost a pump supply the needed amount or even if some nights Im just running around a 100 shot. 150 to 175 max in the future.

I usually want the bells and whistles, those are cheaper than an ls2 from a stupid mistake.
You need a pump, i remember back in the old days i sprayed a 150 wet hit on a stock pump, it didnt pick up much MPH going from a 100.After i swapped pumps, I picked up 3-4mph.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Teching In

I usually want the bells and whistles, those are cheaper than an ls2 from a stupid mistake of not buying safety devices.

Also remember this is for a gto, I dont know if the fuel systems maybe different.