Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taking Nitrous to the Track...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking Nitrous to the Track...

Our local track checks your nitrous from head to toe. alot of us will be going out there soon and im just wondering if the blow down tube and what else needs to be going outside the car.. and are they real strict about these kinda things?
Old 09-13-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like you need to find a different track. We have been running at our local track with 10 and 9 sec cars with no cage or anything.

On a serious note all I can see is making sure the blowdown tube is exiting the vehicle because there isn't much else to check on a nitrous system at the track.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Banned

im afraid i will have to run only once then i will be kicked off so i dont wanna drive all that way for ntohing
Old 09-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

you need a blow down tube and a min of a single layer fire jacket.

Silverbullet, I'm glad my track checks stuff, I don't want to see ANYONE running without the proper safety stuff. You're asking for an accident, and someone to get killed
Old 09-13-2008, 04:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JL ws-6

Silverbullet, I'm glad my track checks stuff, I don't want to see ANYONE running without the proper safety stuff. You're asking for an accident, and someone to get killed
I don't know the specifics behind it, but aren't all tracks required to follow the NHRA guidelines??? It seems like they'd have to at least for insurance purposes
Old 09-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Launching!

up until recently my friends and i would go out racing with no helmets and in shorts and sandles but they started to crack down on that stuff now but our tech inspection is just us signing a check in sheet
Old 09-16-2008, 06:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Same here. our track just has us sign the check in sheet and pay and were racing! I know what you mean about safety but we have some other tracks around here that the tech in guys are dicks. So we have one extreme or the other. I just happen to go to the relaxed track so we can run with out hassle. It seems like the other track was looking for something to throw you out. I went one time and they said my battery wasn't held down correctly. It was the factory restraint system in the car. I finally got to run when I told him that the car manufacturer thinks this is good enough of a restraint for all the crash testing they do on this car. We are talking about my 06 vette not some old bucket either.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Chhh Chhh
im afraid i will have to run only once then i will be kicked off so i dont wanna drive all that way for ntohing

if you dont pass tech then you wont run at all, they dont do tech inspection after you make a pass, call the track and ask them the requirements then you dont have to worry about it.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6

x100000