Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Man... do I want this C5!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 05:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Man... do I want this C5!

http://www.parkplaceltd.com/pages/fi...e.aspx?id=4578

'99 FRC... that's the particular style of C5 I'd go for if I had the guts to trade in my car. Fact is, if I could get $17k for my car I'd do it in a heartbeat... doubt they'd give that to me, I think $15k or so would be the best I could hope for.

Maybe if I run my 11 on Friday, I'll go take a look at this '99 on Saturday.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the FRC's too, but for that kind of coin, I'd hold out for a 01 ZO6 IMO. That's not a LOT less than what Bobby got his Z for. 99-00 FRC's are regularly going for $19-22k on ebay with fair consistency. If you're serious about a C5, it really pays to shop around and not get in a hurry.

Just my .02....

Mike
Old 04-26-2005, 08:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TRAITOR! j/k Looks like a VERY nice Vette. Black on black....purdy!!! But like Mikey said, I'd hold out for a Z. After what you've done to your car, that one would feel pretty damn slow.....
Old 04-26-2005, 08:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice car.

I am just not a FRC fan...One of the things I LIKE about the new Z06
Old 04-26-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
TRAITOR! j/k Looks like a VERY nice Vette. Black on black....purdy!!! But like Mikey said, I'd hold out for a Z. After what you've done to your car, that one would feel pretty damn slow.....
I knew I could count on your unbiased opinion. It's pretty much a pipe dream for me. One thing I like about my car is that I only owe about one year of payments, so the end is in sight.

I just can't bear to not only swallow the loss of all the money I've spent modding, but also swallow another few years of payments... no matter how pretty the car. Plus my wife is apprehensive because she KNOWS the modding would just start up all over again... and she's right, it would.

I figure if I can just hold out until this car is paid for next year, well, then I can start looking and even keep the Z28 at the same time as my "track only" car. It's just hard to hold out!
Old 04-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Tech Addict

Stop talking like that lol, I am just getting my brain straight about my car.

I just can't bear to not only swallow the loss of all the money I've spent modding, but also swallow another few years of payments... no matter how pretty the car. Plus my wife is apprehensive because she KNOWS the modding would just start up all over again... and she's right, it would.
Well said.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

wonder what they would give me trade in on my Stage 2 Stang lol. I wouldn't do that to you man. Little high price low miles. you can pick up 04 gtos for 22 in idaho. or atleast you could last month. brand spankin new
Old 04-27-2005, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was over at Park Place this evening and asked about it. She is gone but they do have a red 01 Z with 800 miles on it.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by REDLINE98
wonder what they would give me trade in on my Stage 2 Stang lol. I wouldn't do that to you man. Little high price low miles. you can pick up 04 gtos for 22 in idaho. or atleast you could last month. brand spankin new

Sorry but i just got to ask what is stage 2 stang
Old 04-28-2005, 12:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
I knew I could count on your unbiased opinion. It's pretty much a pipe dream for me. One thing I like about my car is that I only owe about one year of payments, so the end is in sight.

I figure if I can just hold out until this car is paid for next year, well, then I can start looking and even keep the Z28 at the same time as my "track only" car. It's just hard to hold out!
No dude buy a vette you won't wanna mod it That is a little high for an FRC but not ridiculous, its funny how "not much more" really is when you get into higher $$ you could buy that and another F-body and you'd have the money I spent on the Z but when you look at the numbers it doesn't seem like much more.

My take is this if your going to mod the hell out of it get an FRC for 22K or so. If you want alot more car out of the box and mildly mod it or go power adder then the Z06 truely is a bargain. Hope that makes sense....

Bobby
Old 04-30-2005, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sardog46
Sorry but i just got to ask what is stage 2 stang

Roush Stage 2.its like 1 of 510 made a year and by color 1 of 49 something I bought used for my 19th b-day. very over priced mustang 38,000 new. I only payed 20k for 13,500 miles its a 02 silver. Here is a few pictures I have till july to sell it and start back up my camaro at the bottom of that page. I haven't ran the car since about september. So I have some work to do.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:24 PM
TECH Veteran

I know the feeling......I amn so over my TA and ready to move on.........if I get a decent offer she will be gone before the ink is dry on the paperwork.

Quick Reply: Man... do I want this C5!