Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 10:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Mustang Bashing!

LETS GO!!

Oh wait no that wasn't what I wanted

I would like two things here.

The Mustang Guys seem to be offened and I would like them to provide links to those threads.

On our side I want to some more touchy feely stuff to make them feel better...NOT. Tell us if and why you have been bashing Mustangs.

I used to race Fords so get off me! I was Jucing 5.0s in the 80s!

All I have to say is I do not care WHO is in the other lane, when the hood dropps the BS stops and I hate who ever is in the other lane...IF I win I celibrate like anyone else! I even Trash talk a little. That is life and I live with it.

I can race a Stick just as well as an AUTO. If that is your excuse find a new one Some of our best racers row there gears. Thanks to a ford driving Drunk driver in 94 It is better for me to race an Auto then a stick if I want to use my arm the next day. Losing 13% upper body use because of a drunk will do that to you!

I like the fact you guys and gals come out to race. You come in force on once and a while...THAT kicks Butt!

Who's car is better or worse? An agrument that will forever be fought! Why bother here? I have taken ten times the crap you guys have seen here from Mustang guys...even when I was steady whooping there Butt! I got a POS, Stupid Chevy guy..anyone can do that.

You would think after the way the Mustang guys Dominated the 80s and early 90s they would be able to take what they gave? Hell they Dominate now! THEY HAVE a mustang...what have we got? Broken dreams and BS promises from a BS artist

I can see both sides and can go either way on any day.

Lets have fun!
Old 07-07-2005, 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well put..
Old 07-07-2005, 11:17 PM
12 Second Club

I used to be a Mustang fan but when the GT's ran 15 second 1/4 miles in the mid 90's I decided Chevy was the route to go. I've owned a 71 Mach 1, 1 96 Mustang GT auto, and a 1996 Mustang GT 5 speed Convertible. I've also owned a 64 Pontiac Cattalina with 389 tri power, Monte Carlo SS and a 79 Camaro that I put a motor in, a IROC and now my 02 Z28. I still would like a 69 Mach 1, or a 04 Cobra. But you have to think, if you come to a F Body site there isn't going to be Ford fans here, just like any Mustang site will bash F Bodys. I've been on both sites when I had the Mustangs and they bashed F Bodys, so works both ways.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I like a little trash talking. Nothing makes my adrenaline flow more, or my credit card come out faster than a 'Stang guy ( or other ) trash talking my car lol ! Whenever I trash talk I ALWAYS mean it in a good spirited way and expect the same in return. If someone is SERIOUSLY dissing someone else's car then that's just lame in my book. It's OK to like your own car best, just don't be stupid about it

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I can go either way on any day.
Yeah I've heard that about you Ellis
Old 07-07-2005, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Reverend........

I mean seriously, I myself had a turbo 5 liter back in the mid nineties....I have seen guys pull the I can't drive a manual BS a long time ago..that will not wash here...! I had my 5 liter running with .02 just about every round and when my LT1 was a manual, I remember days that it ran the exact same time 3 or 4 times in a row...I only reason I don't have a manual now, is the supposed clutches that handle 600hp...don't! So, me and Ryan and Ellis switched it over to an auto. Lost a bunch of trap speed but runs the same high 11's low 12's and just as consistant. Mike Hillyard (-sp) ran his manual right past some of the best auto guys out there...for years..racing for our team...So, we know it can be done...As far as Mustang bashing...that's kinda odd sense we used to have a Mustang running for our team...manual....he also went all the way for the Win one night....It can be done...If there is any bashing it better be for rivalry for fun and competition...If any other it better stop...now...

Jimbob
Old 07-07-2005, 11:33 PM
12 Second Club

Isn't flippin the other guy a little **** half the fun I know it sure fun flippin Santa ****

Melanie had an 87 5.0 coupe no air, crank windows what a great car.

We welcomed the Mustang guys to are get togethers and the ones posting to this site have been cool, what is there beef?
Old 07-07-2005, 11:38 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah and ALL our cars are slow!
Old 07-07-2005, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hehe, just before I bought my bike I tried one last time to see if this guy down the street would sell me his beautiful black '93 Cobra that sits in the garage all the time. He wasn't parting with it no way no how......stupid Mustang owners.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

The comments heard by Tyler went a little deeper than Mustang bashing. I think the issue is sportsmanship which entails consideration and a degree of respect for others. A few of you made clear statements about your feelings regarding such things, both postive and negative.

The Ford team is composed of mostly older guys. We don't get too happy when we win and we don't get too upset when we lose. We want to enjoy ourselves while at the track. That is the most important part. I can't enjoy myself if I look at you guys, or anyone else, as the enemy.

Good luck with you future races. We'll keep drafting T & T people

Last edited by esoteric; 07-08-2005 at 01:03 AM.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:57 AM
Tech Addict

come on ellis, don't hold back now........... tell us how you really feel...
Old 07-08-2005, 12:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

To those people who kept writing that a manual is just as consistent as an auto : Everybody has a story about how they, or someone they knew, did so well at bracket racing with a stick. Such scenarios do occur, and they are truly extraordinary, aren't they???
Old 07-08-2005, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your not drawing me into this one. The last time I rode in a ford I lost a layer of skin from trying to wash the stink off of me. Never owned one, NEVER WILL. F'ing proud of it too. It doesn't matter if someone is faster in a straight line or can hang a curve better. It's all about what you like. Everyone knows what my taste are by now.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Try racing Tanzor with a manual. He rocks at being consistent.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:08 AM
Tech Addict

Or try racing tranzor's car with the hillbilly at the wheel. Clutch went out right after that, didn't it.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:10 AM
Launching!

Anybody want to come out to Mt. Vernon on Saturday and talk a little trash?
Old 07-08-2005, 01:15 AM
Tech Addict

With that slug of yours?
Old 07-08-2005, 01:17 AM
10 Second Club

HEY Eso i wasn't even there LOL!

BTW My car is faster then your car neaner neaner near.

Come on admit it you love us

Oh and Eric there are some very fast guys in your area. they run Euwing pro street.

To be honest the whole idea of this series is to get people off the street. Taking it back there is foolish. we DO have cops on this board!

You two keep on throwing stones but forget you live in glass houses!

BTW No it is not "Very extrordanary" It is common place here

Last edited by TwoFast4Lv; 07-08-2005 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:19 AM
12 Second Club

Speaking of mustangs anyone lookin for a 67 289 Coupe restoration project?

Had her since I was 16 (first car too) just haven't had the time/money to really give it the rebirth it needed

Old 07-08-2005, 01:30 AM
11 Second Club

To those people who kept writing that a manual is just as consistent as an auto : Everybody has a story about how they, or someone they knew, did so well at bracket racing with a stick. Such scenarios do occur, and they are truly extraordinary, aren't they???

No, it comes from hard work......years of drag racing.....God I wish I was extraordinary.....

Jimbob <-- See it's a manual...
Old 07-08-2005, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Rookie, I always knew you had issues. Now I know why. Like Ellis said, I don't go out street racing. Never been to one never will. I will go to the track and race you so long as you sign up for lapping days and try to hang on to my rearend. AINT HAPPENING!!!!

Quick Reply: Mustang Bashing!