Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Mustang Bashing!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, and I will lay a whipping on you in down the straights too!!
Old 07-08-2005, 01:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ram-it
Rookie, I always knew you had issues. Now I know why. Like Ellis said, I don't go out street racing. Never been to one never will. I will go to the track and race you so long as you sign up for lapping days and try to hang on to my rearend. AINT HAPPENING!!!!
lol I'm not a ford guy or a gm guy... I'm a car enthusiast
Old 07-08-2005, 01:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So that's what you call yourself. We have been wondering for sometime now.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:55 AM
11 Second Club

"esoteric"

I did just realize that you were running in the 11's..So the manual thing might make sense a little...Here's why, as my car got faster with a manual (were talking high 11's low 12's), I started having traction/clutch issues even though the car launched pretty consistant, the times would change maybe .05 per run..After watching some video and Steph noticing small amounts of smoke from under my car. I was realizing I had a two fold issue...One was spinning the tires after the launch but never noticing (you could not fill this) and the Second was the clutch grabbing better on some days worse on others.....Just some ideas for ya....and could explain some issue if you are really having problem with time...I'm not even going to go into track prep at PR (launch issue), just asuming your 60's are the same....

Jimbob
Old 07-08-2005, 08:17 AM
10 Second Club

I must get up to Mt Vernon some night. I enjoy the spirited Ford vs GM competitiion. As long as you grant me a rematch next year.

As for auto vs stick, my take has always been an atuo IS more consistent, or should I say easier to make run consitently. While a stick car CAN be driven faster. This is with the same hp, suspension, etc. It's as simple as driveline loss....5% more in an automatic.

But after some seat time, a good driver can make a stick car something to deal with at the track. Pro stockers are sticks, right? So is Bills 71 Camaro, tho it IS rather slow for a stick car.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jimbob
"esoteric"

I did just realize that you were running in the 11's..So the manual thing might make sense a little...Here's why, as my car got faster with a manual (were talking high 11's low 12's), I started having traction/clutch issues even though the car launched pretty consistant, the times would change maybe .05 per run..After watching some video and Steph noticing small amounts of smoke from under my car. I was realizing I had a two fold issue...One was spinning the tires after the launch but never noticing (you could not fill this) and the Second was the clutch grabbing better on some days worse on others.....Just some ideas for ya....and could explain some issue if you are really having problem with time...I'm not even going to go into track prep at PR (launch issue), just asuming your 60's are the same....

Jimbob
Good point. Launching is a problem. My 60's ranged from 1.58 to 1.67 on Wednesday. That disparity alone would make me a loser against most of you guys as 1/10th in 60ft times = 2/10th's in ET for me. A two step rev limiter would probably help me, but running on DR's on a track that varies a lot in preparation makes it difficult too. They prep the track before the cars with slicks run, but they don't prep for the CCC. Of course, none of this matters if I red light. I'm still learning. In spite of my age, I haven't been doing this very long. I'll get better. I hope.

I see bracket racing cars running 10's consistently, so I know it can be done. When I put the car together, I was just trying to make it go fast, I wasn't thinking about bracket racing at all.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
HEY Eso i wasn't even there LOL!

I know, I read the posts leading to the CCC.

My question for you guys now is which event are you hitting on the 16th? You've got the "Battle of Detroit" at PR and the CCC which takes place at ALL FORD DAY at Bremerton. Most of the Mustangs will be doing the "Mustang Roundup" (also scheduled for that day). I'll be racing though.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by esoteric
I know, I read the posts leading to the CCC.

My question for you guys now is which event are you hitting on the 16th? You've got the "Battle of Detroit" at PR and the CCC which takes place at ALL FORD DAY at Bremerton. Most of the Mustangs will be doing the "Mustang Roundup" (also scheduled for that day). I'll be racing though.
CCC of course We're not scared of a little Ford
Old 07-08-2005, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
CCC of course We're not scared of a little Ford
Not biting on the "Battle of Detroit" thing?
Old 07-08-2005, 12:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rookiels1
Speaking of mustangs anyone lookin for a 67 289 Coupe restoration project?

Had her since I was 16 (first car too) just haven't had the time/money to really give it the rebirth it needed

You don't want that old thing in your way. Give me a few bucks and I'll get that old Ford outa there. Seriously, are you selling? If so, PM me. I need another Mustang.

Last edited by esoteric; 07-08-2005 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rokko
With that slug of yours?
Yup. I need someone to teach me a lesson.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:15 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have never owned a ford. I respect certain mustangs and a galaxie my cousin used to have, but I would never own a ford. I came from a chevy persuasion as far as the "old war" goes but beyond that the Mustangs are to small inside and just not comfortable for me. IF not for that I might have a different opinion or not, I've seen my friends have a lot more trouble with their fords than I have had with my chevys. Just my experience, I'm sure there are those who have it the other way. There are some things that will never change and chevy vs ford is one of them. I even smirk when I drop my kid off at summer camp everyday, one of the parents has a new mustang GT. My car is faster and sounds nicer runs thru my mind when I see it..lol
Although I'd take one of the classics anyday of the week!
Old 07-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NVME88GT
Yup. I need someone to teach me a lesson.
well it isn't gonna be me, unless you break when we're runnin. but i'll run ya anyhooo just for ***** and giggles.

looks like this weekend is out of the question with the pineapple express were getting the next couple days.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
I have never owned a ford. I respect certain mustangs and a galaxie my cousin used to have, but I would never own a ford. I came from a chevy persuasion as far as the "old war" goes but beyond that the Mustangs are to small inside and just not comfortable for me. IF not for that I might have a different opinion or not, I've seen my friends have a lot more trouble with their fords than I have had with my chevys. Just my experience, I'm sure there are those who have it the other way. There are some things that will never change and chevy vs ford is one of them. I even smirk when I drop my kid off at summer camp everyday, one of the parents has a new mustang GT. My car is faster and sounds nicer runs thru my mind when I see it..lol
66-68 fastbacks are bitchin cars.

and my pile of **** formy has been in the shop for:

dead drivers side window motor
toasted rearend
shitty designed steering column, replaced it.

all of these below could have been avoided if they would have replaced the steering column the first time the signal/wiper switch took a ****. every problem below is tied into that damned switch and pinched wires in the steering column.

faulty tail lights
faulty headlights
faulty turn signals
faulty turn signal/wiper switch
faulty turn signal/wiper switch.

all of this bs since I got the damned thing in sept of '03.

so there are lemons everywhere, how lucky for me i got a nice ripe one.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS

I was born and raised on "The Heartbeat of America". My first car was a Camaro that I put a 11:1 SBC in. I still think Chevy makes the best trucks. I have an 04 ECSB Silverado w/ black on black leather which is one of the main reasons I am on this forum (See pic). I've just always had a soft spot for Fox Box Mustangs.

Old 07-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Launching!

well it isn't gonna be me, unless you break when we're runnin. but i'll run ya anyhooo just for ***** and giggles.

looks like this weekend is out of the question with the pineapple express were getting the next couple days.

My car isn't that fast. Not fast at all in fact. I keep hearing how fast everybody's car is up here, but they always seem to be broken (not directed at any one persons specifically). I even was told one night to "back the **** up" because I didn't know what fast was. I am just hoping to see one of these cars in action so I too can know the true meaning of a fast REAL street car. Everytime I go out I end up standing in a parking lot till 1 am.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NVME88GT
My car isn't that fast. Not fast at all in fact. I keep hearing how fast everybody's car is up here, but they always seem to be broken (not directed at any one persons specifically). I even was told one night to "back the **** up" because I didn't know what fast was. I am just hoping to see one of these cars in action so I too can know the true meaning of a fast REAL street car. Everytime I go out I end up standing in a parking lot till 1 am.
Now that's funny. Where was this? Up north?

Mine's one of the slower LS1's here. Low 13's is all. What's your Stang run? But hell, I just like to run. My only visit to the track this year I had to run a 9 second Comet, then they lined me up next to a 10 second tri-5 chevy, twice in a row. I did get a lightning next, he yanked me by a car out of the hole, I caught him around half track and put two cars on him at the finish.

I just wanna race Daddy!! I've missed the last 3 track days with other bs, and will miss the 16th CCC, but after that I'm free for the rest of the summer and all over it.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Oh yeah, Nice Truck!
Old 07-08-2005, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Now that's funny. Where was this? Up north?

Mine's one of the slower LS1's here. Low 13's is all. What's your Stang run? But hell, I just like to run. My only visit to the track this year I had to run a 9 second Comet, then they lined me up next to a 10 second tri-5 chevy, twice in a row. I did get a lightning next, he yanked me by a car out of the hole, I caught him around half track and put two cars on him at the finish.

I just wanna race Daddy!! I've missed the last 3 track days with other bs, and will miss the 16th CCC, but after that I'm free for the rest of the summer and all over it.
You've got to make it to one of the tracks. The season is short, and I am not real certain this sport is going to last a lot longer...
Old 07-08-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ram-it
Oh, and I will lay a whipping on you in down the straights too!!
Erik You crack me up!!

Quick Reply: Mustang Bashing!