Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

VFN Hood and Spoiler Fitment Quality?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VFN Hood and Spoiler Fitment Quality?

I have an 02 Black Z28, and I am thinking about geting the Sonoco hood from VFN Fiberglass, and also there spoiler that is like the SS but slightly taller, I believe. My question is how well do these parts fit? I have heard from some that the spoiler has problems with warping and not fiting properly. Im not looking for show car quality fitment but I don't want the gaps to be much worse than factory SS hood and spoiler. Has anyone installed these or seen them on a car in person, and do they have any alignment issues as I have heard? If so what would be a possable soultion?
Old 10-22-2008, 11:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the vfn hood i painted/fitted, etc was JUNK, pulled apart at the seams, needed extensive block sanding, had many pin holes, and even when the hinges/hood stops and everything was modded, it was still significantly higher on one side and **** eye-ed i was very discouraged by their product when i worked on it..
Old 10-22-2008, 11:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VFN Hoods fit great man, check all their posts on here, or posts from other people. Their stuff is top notch.

As far as spoilers go, they don't sell or offer any, so I'm not sure exactly what you may be referring to.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:42 PM
12 Second Club

lol there are 2 totally different opinions right there.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

From what i have seen you have to do some adjusting to even out the gaps but over all it is an "ok" fit.

Last edited by 99problemz; 10-23-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by FiFdYnUtz
the vfn hood i painted/fitted, etc was JUNK, pulled apart at the seams, needed extensive block sanding, had many pin holes, and even when the hinges/hood stops and everything was modded, it was still significantly higher on one side and **** eye-ed i was very discouraged by their product when i worked on it..
And I bet you didn't contact them about it too
Old 10-23-2008, 06:44 PM
10 Second Club

I recently purchased their 3"SS hood. Fitment is perfect for me. Just waiting to get it painted. VFN have great quality products.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Regular

i just received a hood from them haven't fitted it yet but it was blocked down and the only issue i had was a small small chip and a low spot that was a really easy fix.its fiberglass if you don't like the fitment make it work. its a lot easier to make a glass hood fit that a poor quality steel hood
Old 10-23-2008, 08:04 PM
11 Second Club

I've had there SS hood and currently have there Sunoco hood. The SS Hood required Alot of work to get to fit correctly and look 1/2 way decent. The Sunoco hood I currently have from them didn't required nearly as much work to get to fit and line up good but required me to Notch the back of the hood to clear my wiper arm, After calling about this issue and following there tech advice I couldn't get it to work correctly so I had no other choice being stuck in rain and having the wiper arm getting caught by the hood on it's way down is no fun at all!

To VFN's Defense I believe these are issues with my car as I am not the original owner of the car and it could of been in a collision and not reported. No one that has one of these hoods have posted the same issues I've had with mine that is what makes me believe its my car that is causing the problems.

My solution is the next time I purchase one of there hoods I will pay the extra to have them install it to see if they come across the same issues I have.

As far as the finish I have yet to have either one of there hoods painted so I can't speak on that but there are no visible problems with the hood.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Teching In

The spoiler that I am talking about is not from VFN, that was my mistake. Does VFN stand behind there product well? If I get a messed up hood will they make it right or will I be stuck with crapp fitting hood?
Old 11-07-2008, 04:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
And I bet you didn't contact them about it too
actually there is a large thread in the sponsor feedback section on it that my customer made...they have been in contact with VFN for a long while about it, i only painted it...and i call it how i see it..
Old 11-07-2008, 04:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by FiFdYnUtz
actually there is a large thread in the sponsor feedback section on it that my customer made...they have been in contact with VFN for a long while about it, i only painted it...and i call it how i see it..
I'm pretty sure you are talking about the 3in. SS hood that went on a red camaro?

If you are, in that thread, it was proven that the fitment directions were not followed, the warranty was voided, and the hood installed after being painted.

Despite the fact that:
- the hood fit poorly because the directions were not followed
- the warranty was voided because the hood was painted and installed
- the guy having problems was a complete ******* and was not willing to work with them

VFN still offered to drive out of their way to his home and help him fit the hood. Then they even offered to send him a new hood! He refused to pay shipping which was more than fair for an out-of-warranty piece, so he kept the bad one.

Do they stand behind their products? Yes they do, anyone that has had a problem AND CONTACTED THEM ABOUT IT, has had a positive experience.

These hoods are bolt on but require some finess to get them to fit. Everyone's car is different. You can't just take your old hood off and bolt the new one on. There are instructions. I promise, if you fit your hood with the instructions and it is warped or poorly fitting, they will make it right for you.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:53 PM
9 Second Club

IMO, they make a fair product, not outstanding-it's good for the price.
I have more of an issue with their customer service than the product.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Addict

they are decent products. ive seen some good stuff and some poor stuff come out of that shop. hate to say but its fiberglass, its not going to be perfect every time. personally i have a glasstek hood and ive very happy with it.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Default my hood

I have the 3" SS hood from VFN, and upon arrival it was beat up and scratched a little but by no means was it their problem. pretty sure it happened in shipping because those shipping guys dont give a ****. after a quick installation the hood was very high in the back by the windshield, i was a little pissed. but after talking to my body guy he said it was no real problem that he would be able to get it down. after i took it to him and get it painted the hood fit flawlessly. i love it the hood is very original and gets everyones attention. VFN was very easy to work with and very helpful in their process. they let me know when the hood was finished and when it was going to get shipped out. VFN = Great Products. they also put my car on their website. its the only one with a mobile home in the background (iknow i got my priorities straight haha). this is my story hope it helps with your decision
Old 11-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

Default wing

and so far as the wing. i ordered one off of ebay for like 150-160 cant really remember but it fit like a glove. i was very happy plus the ss wing looks great.

Quick Reply: VFN Hood and Spoiler Fitment Quality?