Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Estimate anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Estimate anyone?

So I'm trying to get my car to look its best before the GM nationals in June and I was just wondering if anyone could give me a rough estimate of how much this is going to cost to touch up/repaint... I'm obviously going to take it to a shop and get a real estimate but until I have time to do that, I'd just like to see what you guys think.

This is part of the rear bumper and as you can see it's not looking like showroom condition...

Another view...

And another

Last one of the bumper

Driver side door - Can I just buy the little touch up pens they sell at Advance Auto or will it be noticable?

Also on the driver side door

Door handle

So I just wanted to see what you guys think before I take it to a couple places for an estimate. Open to any thoughts/suggestions.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Anybody have any ideas on the estimate price or what I should do about the chips/scratches?
Old 02-28-2009, 08:56 AM
TECH Resident

My car is going in to have the front bumper redone and hood, basically what I was told was 350-400 a panel is what a shop is normally going to charge unless you go to a macco or something . My front bumper hood fenders - Rear bumper and side skirts is going to run me about 1400 - So figure 400 rear bumper and if you want them to do the other panels
Old 02-28-2009, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Thats what I was guessing it was gonna be around. I don't think I'll take it to maaco though - bad experience with my dad's camaro. They painted over the grill in the front which was supposed to be black but they painted it maroon and they didn't use the right kind of paint for the nose because it started to peel about a month or two after.
Thanks for the reply though!

Oh also, do you think that I would be able to get those few nicks and chips filled in without them repainting the whole panel or will that look tacky?
Old 03-05-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

Id leave them of get the panel painted imo
Old 03-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99Zeeeeeeeeee28
Thats what I was guessing it was gonna be around. I don't think I'll take it to maaco though - bad experience with my dad's camaro. They painted over the grill in the front which was supposed to be black but they painted it maroon and they didn't use the right kind of paint for the nose because it started to peel about a month or two after.
Thanks for the reply though!

Oh also, do you think that I would be able to get those few nicks and chips filled in without them repainting the whole panel or will that look tacky?
That is because MAACO doesn't scuff/sand or mask off anything, has nothing to do with the kind of paint.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cvalliere
That is because MAACO doesn't scuff/sand or mask off anything, has nothing to do with the kind of paint.
actually Maaco sponsors my car, and it all depends on the paint job you get, there are different levels from 299-799 which only covers the outside of the car on a full paint job. Their paint jobs are warrantied and dont quote me on the cheaper one but 5 years for the 799 one. Which is a factory based paint job. And they do sand scuff and mask off, at least my sponsor does since they do body work as well. you can see the photos of my car being done there.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:54 AM
TECH Resident

From my understanding it is hit or miss with which macco you go to.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cgroh89
From my understanding it is hit or miss with which macco you go to.
very true. luckily the maaco by me is a good shop. the good maacos are privately owned. call around and see what they can do. im going to have them paint my Ram Air hood for me and they are doing it for 100 bucks
Old 03-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Teching In

yeah mine is privately owwned
Old 03-07-2009, 05:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

If yours is a nice car and you want to keep it, I would go with a pro painter or a good shop. That rear bumper cover looks like it may have flex cracks and those just don't go away with fresh paint. What I mean is that it just can't be scuffed and painted. Those cracks will come back in short order. The other area's that you pointed out will need some TLC as well. Find a painter that will show you his or her work and go with them. If you just touch this car up it will always look like a touched up car. I'd do an over all job to make it right. Yor are looking at $2500 to $3500 depending on the amount of work on the body and the quality of the paint. Go with the best and you will never go wrong.

LSXNOVA

Quick Reply: Estimate anyone?